Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $41,200 – $51,500. The salary
of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a
variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity,
experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting.
Classroom to Career Initiatives
Full Time Professional Staff
Within the Classroom to Career (C2) Hub, the Industry Partnerships
team is responsible for developing and strengthening the
opportunity network for MSU Denver students.
As MSU Denver seeks to be the national leader in educating students
for tomorrow’s careers, the University Industry partnerships team
is forward-thinking and ensures programs are aligned to Colorado
workforce development trends. With an ambitious goal of engaging
100% of students in robust career planning in the next three years,
the University is committed to creating services that are scaled,
highly evaluated, and focused on the specific needs and interests
of MSU Denver students. To that end, successful team members think
critically about MSU Denver student demographics and their
respective career planning.
Are you looking to use your administrative and analytical
experience to make a difference in higher education? Do you love
being a go-to person in a collaborative team environment? Are you
an enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative? If you can
multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this may be the
opportunity for you. This Administrative Assistant position works
closely with the Industry Partnerships team within the C2 Hub to
ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the office and overall
support of the staff. This person will be a key member of the
Industry Partnerships leadership staff and will be instrumental in
improving efficiencies and effectiveness of the administrative
operations for the team. The person in this role will engage with a
broad range of clients including students, faculty, staff and
executives from over 1000 external organizations.
University – Industry Partnerships – 40%
Support website development and improvements to enhance employer
- Ensure exceptional customer service and communication in
managing calendars and scheduling between Industry Partnerships
Team and external industry leaders.
- Support Industry Navigators in the coordination and planning of
events and meetings with industry leaders.
- Assist in approving employers and maintain job postings in
- Respond to employer and student questions regarding campus
- Support Events Manager in planning and executing large industry
events and career fairs.
Department Administrative Efficiency and Effectiveness –
Student Career Readiness – 20%
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and streamline
work processes across the Industry Partnerships team
- Provide administrative support to department staff which
includes ordering supplies, coordinating office purchases, travel
forms and program planning; Interpret existing policies and develop
procedures for office purchasing processes, including the
development of forms and protocols as necessary.
- Manage Industry Partnerships team share point site to improve
organization of documentation and overall effectiveness
- Manage the accounting budgetary operations and facility needs
of the department.
- Maintain monthly spending and revenue generation data, prepare
quarterly budget reports. Responsible for procurement card
reconciliation for all professional staff.
- Maintain signatory authority for the office. Provide Director
with advice, technical assistance, cost analysis and budget
- Provides administration support for department search
committees and smooth onboarding of new employees; including
coordinate systems, technology, telephone, software and equipment
Other duties assigned – 5%
- Partner with industry navigators to coordinate student career
readiness activities including classroom visits, mentoring and
- Assist with maintenance of CareerLink database and internship
- Assist with coordination of campus recruiting activities.
- Assist with data tracking, analysis and reporting for campus
recruiting and employer relations function.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant
or other relevant administrative positions
- Experience in managing executive calendars
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills including Outlook,
Power Point, Excel, Word, Share Point and Access as well as
advanced internet research skills
- Experience professional communication
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet all required qualifications.
- Business skills include negotiation, basic accounting, creation
of financial reports and processing accounting transactions.
- Proven experience applying critical thinking to tasks and
anticipating changing prioritizes
- Demonstrate excellent social skills, both verbal and written,
and excel in a role where you will interact with all levels of
internal management and staff, as well as external industry leaders
- Be an independent, proactive partner who takes the initiative
and execute projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with a diverse team and clients
- Completion of postsecondary degree such as Associates Degree or
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system,
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work
environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our
employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more
information on our employee affinity groups please visit this