Coordinate and manage special events and activities within the
designated college, ensure execution of events, and coordinates the
day-to-day operations of the department.
- Participates in developments of special events and activities,
serves as the primary contact for event information and requests
for events facilitated by the College.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising event set-up
including, conferences, meetings, special events, vendor
coordination, room reservation, and audio visual equipment.
- Prepare and process financial documents, and monitors cost
- May Compose event communications for the College, monitor and
coordinate event registration and provide status updates on
- Monitor and maintain events calendar.
- May assist in the preparation of contracts and other
procurement instrument needed for services assigned.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of one(1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information
This position manages the daily operations of the Elizabeth D.
Rockwell Pavilion in the MD Anderson Library and coordinates UH
Libraries events, often in collaboration with Dean’s Office and
Duties Specific to This Position:
- Respond to, and follow up on, all event and facility inquiries
via phone, email, and in person
- Communicate policies and procedures effectively to UH faculty,
staff, and student group event contacts
- Collaborate with facility and custodial crews on set-up and
breakdown requirements and schedules
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to assume responsibility for multiple projects
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and setting
- Precise attention to detail and excellent verbal and written
- Capacity to be an effective team member and to work
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
This position may be eligible for
Alternative Work Arrangements.
- Department is willing to do experience in lieu of