Communications and Marketing
Vice President for Communications and
Serves with the vice president for communications and marketing
(C&M) and the senior director, special events and community
relations in the management and operation of the Office of
Communications and Marketing within the guidelines of federal,
state and local laws and office, division and college policies and
procedures. Reports to the vice president for communications and
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the work of the communications and design teams with
emphasis on brand management, the website, social and traditional
media, Agnes Scott The Magazine and The Irvine.
- Excellent writer and editor, with capacity to effectively
prepare internal and external messages (including messaging for the
Office of the President), social and traditional media messages,
news releases and advisories, opinion editorials, articles,
speeches and other messaging as necessary.
- Co-manager of the division budget.
- Advises college divisions, offices, departments and programs on
their communication and marketing projects, ensuring that such
projects align with and support the college's overall
communications and marketing goals.
- Serves as a divisional liaison to internal committees, advisory
groups and task forces .
- Serves as a college representative on external speaking
platforms, committees and organizations .
- Routinely monitors and measures the effectiveness of all
- Supervises the Podcast Working Group.
- Serves as a co-chair to the Web Advisory Group (in concert with
the ITS director).
: Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
Experience working in higher education is preferred
: Minimum of 7 years of experience; including
management/supervisory experience .
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Budget management experience and knowledge of basic accounting
- Ability to work well with all campus constituencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high level
of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload and multiple
- Travel and work in off-campus settings may be required.
- Irregular hours, evenings or weekends are routinely
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking and
occasional moving of light objects. Work is generally performed in
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the
overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable
to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity
and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law
in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to
diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to
Health & Safety Measures
All persons hired by Agnes Scott College must submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment unless they have
been granted an exemption based upon a medical or religious