Outreach Coordinator – Short-term Worker
Grant Funded Student Programs
Palomar Community College (Vista and Escondido Campus)
Hourly pay rate: $20
Hours per week: Not to exceed 24
Work Schedule: Weekdays, hours between 8:00am and 5:00pm, including
some evenings and weekends. *Schedule may vary based on student
services and school site placement
• Oversee and coordinate all outreach activities and events at one
or various Grant Funded Student Programs/school sites.
• The Outreach Coordinator must be able to perform all duties under
the Program Advisor and College Coach positions, including, but not
limited to those listed below:
- Provide information regarding admissions, financial aid &
registration policies/procedures & refer students to other
services as appropriate.
- Assist, motivate, and support students with their post-secondary
options (university, community college, trade school, military,
- Provide on-site assistance with college preparedness at one of
the school sites; including but not limited to:
• Providing workshops/presentations to students, parents, and
school-level staff relating to the college admissions
• Develop opportunities & services within assigned school site
that focus on increased student achievement & knowledge of
• Provide support in completing UC/CSU, private university, and
community college applications.
• Provide comprehensive support/guidance in completing the FAFSA
and exploring all available financial aid resources.
• Provide information regarding standardized testing – SAT/ACT prep
courses, training materials available, fee waivers, etc. Provide
assistance in registering for these tests as needed.
• Provide feedback on personal statement/admission essays on
college applications. Follow-up with students to make sure all
application deadlines are met, and all materials are submitted
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director.
• Preferably 4 years of experience. Proficient knowledge of
Microsoft Office apps (Word Excel, Power Point, and Outlook),
Google Apps, and other computer software.
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
To Apply: Visit https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hr/shorttermemployment/
for more details and required application materials.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).