Merrimack College is a selective, private college in a beautiful,
residential setting — just minutes from Boston,
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing for Graduate and
Professional Studies, the Digital Marketing Manager will take part
in planning and lead the implementation of Merrimack College’s
digital strategies to support undergraduate, graduate and
professional studies enrollment goals. Partnering closely with and
taking strategic direction from the undergraduate and graduate
marketing teams, this individual will develop and execute digital
marketing plans aimed at generating and nurturing qualified
inquiries to drive applicant conversion. Plans will include
efforts, such as paid search, paid social media, digital platforms
and associated customer relationship management system (CRM)
strategies. This individual will also work closely with
undergraduate and graduate marketing colleagues to analyze data
such as trends and conversation rates to make recommendations on
campaign adjustments. The Digital Marketing Manager will also
recommend, implement and manage day-to-day best practices in
digital marketing operations and related CRM tactics, such as
conversion tracking and analytics-based content recommendations.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of
executing and driving results and ROI across digital channels.
- In collaboration with undergraduate and graduate marketing
leadership, research, recommend and execute inquiry generating
digital marketing solutions for undergraduate, graduate, and
professional studies new student recruitment.
- Make budget allocation recommendations for digital spends,
track spending and recommend shifts or new approaches to maximize
- Execute and manage digital marketing campaigns and day-to-day
- Collaborate with undergraduate and graduate marketing teams to
curate content plans for campaign components, such as digital ads
and landing pages.
- Monitor digital campaign performance including optimization,
analysis and regular reporting via dashboards.
- Manage digital platforms, such as landing page technology
(Unbounce), data integration (Zapier), marketing CRM tools (Slate)
for inquiry capture and attribution, and campaign reporting
- Evaluate digital customer journey from inquiry to enrollment to
optimize the experience and support goals through rich digital
content plans and engagement opportunities (leveraging retargeting,
A/B testing, landing pages, new features, etc.)
- Collaborate with digital agencies and other vendors as
- Evaluate emerging digital channels and monitor changes to
existing platforms to provide best practice recommendations for
adoption and ongoing optimization.
Statement on Our Mission
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related
- Data-informed approach to supporting annual plans and
day-to-day decision making.
- Excellent command and working knowledge of paid social
advertising strategies (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter),
and intermediate familiarity with paid search strategies (Google
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to support enrollment
funnel goals and strategic priorities.
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems, plan directions
and overcome obstacles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work
collaboratively and effectively with groups both internal and
external to the College.
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic about digital
experimentation and testing.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and budgets
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment and
- Minimum three years working experience in digital marketing,
higher education and/or agency experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and success in digital marketing and
inquiry acquisition, with deep knowledge of current trends, best
practices and tracking and measurement.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital
campaigns to engage, inform and convert.
- Technical experience in using CRM, email management and
marketing automation, and content management (CMS) systems.Working
knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher
education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse
community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and
empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the
Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can
contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and
advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We
strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented
groups. All candidates should describe in their application
previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as
well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports
our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of
diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application Materials Should Include:
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position,
citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including
experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian
mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable
and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a
criminal background check.
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This
is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in
order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience
for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in
New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent,
coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and
graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises
schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences,
education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre
campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover
and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges &
Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie
Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is
one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country
and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking
of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the
Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also
listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th
for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.