Merrimack College is a selective, private college in a beautiful,
residential setting — just minutes from Boston,
The Honors Program at Merrimack College invites applications for a
position as a Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow, Non-Tenure Track,
open-ended term, with a focus on Philosophy and Social Justice
beginning in Fall 2022. This is a one-year position with the
possibility of a multiple-year renewal.
The successful applicant will teach three classes per semester and
assist with Honors advising, participate in the daily undertakings
of the Program, and help with light co-curricular duties. In
addition to teaching sections of our introductory level philosophy
courses, candidates may also be able to teach sections of
Introduction to Social Justice (an interdisciplinary course), or
other philosophy courses. We are looking for an enthusiastic
individual who has a successful track record of working with and
inspiring college-age students, who will work well both
individually and as part of a small team and will participate in
regular pedagogy training. Creative teaching, leadership ability,
and professionalism are essential.
Application Materials Should Include:
- A Ph.D. in Philosophy, preferably with a specialization in
social or political philosophy, or a related field.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication and
- Understanding of and experience with diversity, equity, and
inclusion issues in undergraduate education.
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position,
citing experience relevant to the qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Teaching Statement.
- Syllabi and teaching evaluations for courses taught.
- Sample syllabus for introductory-level philosophy
Interested applicants should apply using the links below or online