Senior Advancement Officer (New Position), Waukesha
- Job Title:Senior Advancement Officer (New Position)
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Advancement, Staff
In this newly created position, the Senior Advancement Officer
(SAO) will be responsible for the development and implementation of
strategies for the solicitation of major gifts, including outright
and deferred/planned gifts. The SAO will manage a portfolio of at
least 150-175 rated prospects that have the capacity and
inclination to make a gift of $25,000 or more to support a wide
range of university initiatives.
Education and/or Experience:
- Develop a working knowledge of Carroll University in general
and funding priorities specifically so as to articulate a
compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Manage a sufficient prospect portfolio of alumni, friends,
parents and faculty to generate 10-15 prospect visits per month
that will lead to the growth in the number of completed major and
planned gift solicitations and major gifts closed. Strategically
schedule prospect visits to use time efficiently and effectively
with approximately 50% of time spent out of office on visits (some
regional and limited national travel).
- Provide timely stewardship of assigned prospects and
- Assist the Assistant Vice President of Development in managing
prospect and volunteer activities as necessary.
- Provide staff support for appropriate university officials for
the purposes of prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Communicate closely with the appropriate staff regarding
information pertaining to major and planned gift prospects,
including contact reports, proposal generation, planned gift
documentation, gift acknowledgements and other data important for
the preservation of donor/prospect records.
- Participate in development activities, such as capital
campaigns, events, donor briefings, committee meetings, and
volunteer activities, as needed and appropriate.
- Assist with the successful development and implementation of
Institutional Advancement events, including but not limited to,
homecoming, reunion, donor functions (luncheons/dinners, etc.) and
athletic events, that can be utilized for cultivation and/or
stewardship activities for prospects and donors.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of four years of major gift experience, preferably in
higher education or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated successful track record in the cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship of major and planned gifts ($50,000
and above) is preferred
- Working knowledge of planned and deferred giving vehicles
- Ability to make “cold calls” via phone for prospect discovery
- Ability to manage stress with multiple competing priorities
while maintaining a positive attitude and affect.
- Knowledge of development data systems
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=503597456
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission of Carroll
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and aptitude to
work with people of different ages and temperaments.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- High energy level, self-motivated, and self-directed to design
and complete complex projects.
- Must also have skills and desire to: multi-task and meet
deadlines; be a team player; work collaboratively; understand the
principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising and;
participation in evening and weekend activities as necessary.
- Demonstration of integrity, positive attitude, diplomacy, tact,
courtesy and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Power
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the