The Development Coordinator participates in the critical
development function within the Division of Student Affairs by
working with a team on the management of overall development
efforts including those related to scholarships, corporate
partnerships, and annual giving. The Coordinator will manage
several key areas vital to the operations of the office – such as
management of annual giving efforts as well as our scholarship
administration process. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director,
Office of Development and External Relations in the Division of
Student Affairs, the position will work on the continued
identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of
potential and current corporate partners, assist the Assistant
Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship with the management of
and donor stewardship for all scholarships across the Division, the
planning, development and execution of all Annual Giving efforts,
and co-manage with others the planning and execution of key
Division events during the year.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of two years of experience in related position with
development or nonprofit setting
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and a proven
record of successful project management.
- Possess excellent computer skills utilizing software (Word and
Excel) and institutional database.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess excellent interaction and communication skills (verbal
- Have knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural
differences and the diversity within the campus and community.
- Demonstrated professional manner with all internal and external
- Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and
produce reliable work product.
- Proven ability to perform well in stressful situations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required and/or needed
to meet position expectations.