Job Vacancy Announcement
Business Systems Administrator
ERP Applications and Solutions
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$66,281 - $72,909/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
This position provides planning, analysis, implementation and
resolution for Ellucian Colleague and associated third-party
This announcement is to fill 2 (two) vacancies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field.
- Two years full-time or equated experience in working in an
information technology environment.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Maintainscurrency of new Ellucian Colleague and third-party
application features and functionality and articulates this
information to both technical staff and key end users.
- Tracks and documents all versions and releases of ERP
- Coordinates the installation of Ellucian and associated third
party software upgrades, fixes and patches.
- Installs new Ellucian and associated third party software when
- Analyzes and understands the needs of users and provides
functional and technical support for Ellucian Colleague and
- Provides Tier 2 support for calls related to Ellucian Colleague
and third-party applications.
- Employs creative problem solving skills for the purpose of
resolving complex problems.
- Certifies Ellucian Colleague and Third-Party applications are
installed correctly on end user desktops.
- Assists with maintaining the currency of upcoming fixes,
patches and upgrades to the ERP system, including third party
- Performs system testing related to support activities.
- Assists with coordinating technology resources related to the
efficient operation of mission critical processes (e.g., Finance,
HR and Student)
- Serves as an advocate of “Envision Success” in all aspects of
ERP software implementation and support.
- Works with other Technology Services staff to complete projects
- Participates as a team member in the implementation of the ERP
system and associated systems, including all functional training
- Performsother related duties as assigned by the Hiring
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to
offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Applications received by Friday, May 20, 2022 will receive first
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have two years experience working in an information
- * Criteria: Please explain your extent of knowledge and or
experience working in the information technology field.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have two years supervisory experience?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1