Posting Details (Default Section)
Associate Provost for Community Education and Lifelong
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
University Provost Office-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
University Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs
Commensurate with Experience
The Associate Provost for Community Education and Lifelong Learning
reports to the University Provost & Senior Vice President for
Academic Affairs (UP/ SVPAA ), who is responsible for all academic
affairs of a highly complex University with two domestic campuses
and two international campuses. The Associate Provost (AP) will be
responsible for collaborating with the academic deans across the
colleges and schools for the expansion of continuing education,
community programs and lifelong learning including, but not limited
to, youth outreach and education programs, high school feeder
programs, community college partnerships, continuing education
courses, lifelong learning programs, workforce development
programs, executive and professional education and other off-campus
courses and programs. As part of this role, the AP will serve as
the Director of the Petrocelli Center for Community Education and
The AP will lead an analysis of opportunities within the local,
regional, national and international markets to determine
strategies for success in providing educational opportunities to
diverse learners. This includes supporting the needs of these
communities while establishing new platforms for growth. The AP
will work closely with leadership from across the other units of
academic affairs, developing programs in conjunction with the
leadership of academic disciplines while integrating them closely
with the academic affairs offices, including institutional
assessment, instructional technology, global learning.
The Associate Provost will be a member of the Academic Affairs
senior staff, and will liaise with the Academic Deans’ and
Directors’ Council on a regular basis, providing leadership and
guidance to these units toward the expectation of establishing new
programs, engaging in market analyses toward directions of
expansion and growth, creating partnerships for new ventures and
working on the successful delivery of programs within the
community, at off-site locations and online.
1. Master’s degree required; doctorate preferred.
2. A minimum of 6-years of ranked, full time faculty status at a
regionally accredited institution of higher education or the
3. Successful track record in the creation and implementation of
innovative learning programs at a peer institution
4. Knowledge of current trends in continuing and professional
5. Experience in establishing partnerships with external community
organizations and potential employers
6. Ability to lead a team with a diverse array of backgrounds,
expertise and responsibilities
7. Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity and
inclusion in the higher education community
8. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize assigned tasks, prioritize heavy workload,
delegate, and develop comprehensive timetables and strategies to
meet multiple and changing deadlines. Good understanding of
internal relationships and workflow. Must be able to work
independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
9. Strong background in new program development and/or
implementation; ability to quickly acquire thorough knowledge of
college and University policies. Requires the ability to research,
gather and analyze data, compile and synthesize information and
draft suggested correspondence, presentations, and reports.
10. Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and complex situations,
problem-solve while being innovative, making independent judgments,
recommending courses of action, and balancing competing
11. Experience handling confidential matters with integrity;
ability to resolve conflict situations and respond thoughtfully to
12. Advanced proficiency with standard office equipment and
software (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, TEAMs,
etc.). Reasonable knowledge of the application of information
technology in delivering service and managing data.
13. Experience in budget management with the ability to perform
analysis of financial and budgetary data.
14. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as
well as the ability to foster a positive culture characterized by
respect, collaboration, and attention to well-being.
15. Valid driver’s license and accessibility to transportation for
travel between campuses and to off-site locations.
16. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter