Administrative Assistant IV
Provides a variety of administrative support duties in relation to
the Industrial Workforce Programs within the Continuing Education
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
Posting Detail Information
Minimum of thirty (30) college credit hours; however, fifteen (15)
of the required thirty (30) credit hours may be substituted with
one (1) years directly related work experience. If work experience
is used as a substitute for minimal education requirement, it
cannot also be used to qualify for minimum work experience.
Four (4) years’ experience in providing administrative support to
Five (5) years’ experience in providing administrative support to
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Business math
• Use of Microsoft Office computer applications involving the
design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the
development of special report formats.
• Complex or technical office practices and procedures
• Record keeping practices
• Applicable regulations, policies, and statutes
• Making accurate arithmetic calculations
• Performing technical, specialized, complex, difficult or basic
technical office support work
• Proficiency in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining
rules, policies and procedures
• Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or
• Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, etc. sufficient to
exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Advanced skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Performs specialized administrative support work related to
planning, organizing, and coordinating program activities.
• Enters, edits, and retrieves data and prepares periodic or
special reports using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Serves as liaison between students, staff, the community, and the
College in relation to the program and its activities.
• Arranges meetings by notifying attendees
• Assists program manager in accounting for program funds,
performance standards, etc.
• Performs such office support activities as opening and
distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, and preparing
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Primary Responsibilities will be focused on the following job
• Perform specialized administrative support to the Program Manager
of Industrial Workforce Programs.
• Assisting the CE Industrial Workforce Programs office by
providing daily administrative support.
• Assist with the development and management of the CE
• Assisting with course management, enrollment reports, and course
• Preparation of instructor contracts, PAF’s and adjunct assignment
agreements for the Department.
• Providing administrative support to instructors including making
copies, ordering supplies and instructional materials for classes,
ordering books, and communicating to instructors/students as
requested by the Program Manager.
• Assisting the Program Manager, students, staff and customers as
needed by providing relevant program information (classes,
registration, grant, and scholarship opportunities, etc.).
• Communicating with students regarding schedules, registrations,
and progress in class.
• Preparing, processing, and/or tracking registration forms and
requests for billing for Sponsor Pays.
• Assisting with program outreach activities.
• Managing department files., and accrediting body
• Maintains confidentiality and security of the information
regarding contracts, adjunct assignment agreements, Personnel
Action Forms, personnel files, student information, and
communication regarding issues in the Continuing Education
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing
and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.al
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories,
which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of
employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of
duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your
application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See
attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a
complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for
disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete
fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached
to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)