Specialist, ACC Connect
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 13, 2022
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Specialist, ACC Connect
Job Description Summary:
To provide and coordinate ACC enrollment and registration support for all students at the assigned high school campus(es) to increase enrollment during and after high school graduation.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Conducts advance planning and coordinates service delivery, meetings, and presentation logistics for assigned high school campus(es); and tracks participation and outcomes.
- Makes presentations to provide ACC program information to prospective students at high school campus.
- Assists in the development, production, and evaluation of support materials for ACC Connect events and services.
- Establishes and maintains an active role in high school campus planning for dual credit and direct to ACC opportunities and programs.
- Serves as communication liaison between departments, high schools, and secondary partners.
- Serves on College-wide assigned committees as appropriate.
- Provides support for establishing the long-range pipeline of student prospects, including visits to middle schools or support of summer youth activities popularizing a college-going culture.
- Follows up with all leads and interested students to provide guidance through the registration process with ongoing quality communication, effective customer service, and advising support.
- Maintains and updates records and files on recruitment activities along with collected student information using Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Recruit and other software; creates and submits reports.
- Provides ACC enrollment support and navigation including admissions and registration, collecting/assessing transcripts, interpreting standardized test results, supporting participants in obtaining financial aid, and delivery and coordination of other services necessary for a successful transition from high school to college.
• College admission, financial aid, advising, and registration procedures and practices.
• Sales and marketing strategies and techniques.
• Successful customer service techniques.
• Intricacies of coordinating and delivering college/community initiatives.
• Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
• Prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner.
• Making individual and group presentations.
• Interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software programs including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
One-year work experience in higher education or similar initiative related to goal achievement and overcoming barriers for targeted populations.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Texas Driver's License.
* Reliable transportation for local district travel.
* Spanish/English bilingual skills
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
* Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Please Note : ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M on the job posting closing date (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply before the job closing date and time.
$41,600 - $51,045
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 28, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert