Assistant Director of Admissions (2 Positions)
FY22-50 & FY22-51
Enrollment Management, Equity &
Association of Professional Administrators
classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
- Responsible for collection and collation of materials necessary
for the assessment of applicants. Represents MMA at various
recruitment events such as college fairs, outreach programs,
workshops, and school visits.
- Travel territory management as assigned including scheduling of
events/visits, building/maintaining of relationships with
appropriate stakeholders, and coordination of events within
assigned territory. Extensive travel during peak times will
- Review of applications with decisions/recommended decisions
within travel territory and other assigned reading
- Monitoring and responding to email and other communications
with prospective students and Families
- Additional communication outside of the prescribed CRM
communication plan includes maintaining a top leads list.
Monitor submitted and started applications to initiate follow-up
regarding missing documents or application submission.
- Creative development of new recruitment strategies and events
within assigned territory.
- Assist or lead the summer yield program and participation in
on-campus events to support recruitment efforts.
- Assist with the development and review of marketing materials
for prospective students.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required and 2-5 years related work
experience, college admissions experience a plus
- Ability to travel within the United States and possibly abroad.
Ability to drive a vehicle. Valid driver’s license.
Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office suite as well as database
management systems to deliver admission programs
- Experience in scheduling, managing, training motivating, groups
of volunteers and student assistants.
- Experience in publicly speaking in front of small and large
- Demonstrated cultural competence in the areas of race,
ethnicity, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation,
socioeconomic status, ability, ideology, religion, national origin,
and other areas of diversity.
- Maintain a standard of admissions ethics.
- Knowledge, understanding, and commitment to the procedures and
mission of the Massachusetts Maritime Academy.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business, Psychology,
Sociology, or related field preferred.
- Linguistic Fluency or proficiency in an additional
language(s), both oral and written (i.e. Spanish, Portuguese,
Creole, or Mandarin Chinese)
- Experience with organizing and operating residential
Salary: $55,000 -
$60,000. The Academy offers generous benefits and a
competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and
experience. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas
at this time.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA
application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information
of five (5) professional references. These forms are located
on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the
MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials
may be attached and sent electronically to
email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your
application materials by USPS to: Human Resources,
Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA
02532. Finalists must complete a pre-employment drug screening,
background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from
historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to