Commensurate with credentials and experience
Description of Duties
The SUNY Canton Business Program seeks applicants for a tenure
track Assistant Professor Faculty position in Economics (open
area), with preference given to candidate who is able to teach a
variety of economics courses. Other ranks considered.
- A 4/4 teaching load, which may use traditional face-to-face,
online, hybrid, and converged modalities.
- Teaching assignments may include courses in Introductory
Economics, Managerial Economics, Environmental Economics, Global
Economy, Economics of Health Care, and additional courses in
- Ability to develop a vision for a long-term, sustainable, and
innovative, interdisciplinary business program.
- Advising and mentoring students.
- Collaborative participation in course, curriculum, program
development, and assessment.
- Participation in campus, university, and community service
- Engagement in professional development and relevant scholarly
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in
microeconomics, macroeconomics, and possibly electives in
environmental economics, international economics, and economics of
health care beginning in August 2023.
- Minimally, ABD with expected graduation date, or if at Master’s
level must have 5 years’ work experience in industry in addition to
teaching experience (as below).
- Previous college teaching experience (including graduate level
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and the use of
technology for online, hybrid, and converged teaching.
- Doctoral degree in Economics or related discipline.
- Prior online teaching experience, including courses as listed
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will
be required to submit to a background check including, but not
limited to, employment verification, educational and other
credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an
affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is
building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly
encourages applications from minority and women