- New Mexico Highlands University
- New Mexico, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 9, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Full Time/Part Time
Working under the direction of the Enterprise Applications Manager, the Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the University’s enterprise software applications and providing support to end users who use these systems as described in the job duties and responsibilities as defined below
Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with technology users to define needs and requirements, develops complex custom reports, online information inquires, using best practices and departmental standards.
· Provides technical support through applications problem analysis, trouble shooting, problem resolution and documentation.
· Performs applications management and administration including but not limited to applications upgrades, monitoring, system and process logs, maintains applications security and access, account creation, configuring and testing application functionality, technology evaluations.
· May perform operating systems upgrades, performance tuning and configuratioin for Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
· Develops and maintains technical documentation, system utilization and capacity reports, process flow charts and utilizes and maintains information in the Information Technology Service Management ( ITSM ) system.
· Provides communications and information sharing, through conducting and attends meetings, emails to the university’s technology community, scheduling and coordinating technology events.
· Develops and maintains training material and provides end user training.
· Must maintain technical relevance with current and state-of-the-art technology trends and practices through self-directed professional reading and presentations, developing and maintaining professional contacts, attending professional development courses and attending functional training of the University’s technology.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling five (5) years in enterprise applications support. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience: One (1) year professional experience
- Enterprise applications administration and technical support
- Microsoft Windows or Linux Operating Systems
· Application administration and support experience with
· Ellucian Banner System;
· Evisions Argos – (Report Writing)
· D2L Brightspace Learning Management Systems ( LMS )
· Microsoft O365 – Product Suite
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Excellent and effective communication skills both written and verbal/oral.
· Knowledge in the following programming languages; PowerShell, PL/ SQL, SQL ;
· Ability to work with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge;
· Ability to manage and maintain multiple projects and be an effective team player;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by systems;
· Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions;
· Knowledge of computer systems analysis and design concepts, methods, procedures, and standards;
· Ability to plan, coordinate installation, test, manage, and modify complex systems and subsystems;
· Knowledge of available system software, computer equipment, and the regulations, structure, techniques, and management practices of one or more subject areas to design complex systems or subsystem.
· Minimal physical requirements.
· Moderate physical effort. May require occasional lifting, handling, pushing, or moving objects up to 50 lbs.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Commensurate with experience
Work Location/Campus Center
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert