Specialist, Online Retention, Icampus
POSITION TITLE: Specialist, Online Retention
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Technical Office Support Staff
REPORTS TO :Director of iCampus
PLACEMENT: Support staff, grade 7
MINIMUM PAY RATE:t$20.41 per hour
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Coordinates and supports student success and retention efforts
within the iCampus department and with College departments. Acts as
a system administrator for iCampuses’ academic intervention tool
and assists the Academic Intervention Team with efforts to improve
student retention and persistence.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work closely with the Director of iCampus to develop initiatives
that increase retention and persistence in online and hybrid
2. Develop and manage an outreach program to assist at-risk
students in online and hybrid courses. Focus will be on those
identified, through technological means, instructor notification,
and otherwise, as potentially not being successful in online and
hybrid courses. Program will provide support, resources, and
encouragement to students enrolled in online and/or hybrid
3. Develop guidelines, workshops, and other resources relating to
student retention for faculty teaching online and/or hybrid
4. Work closely with faculty, student /outreach services staff, and
other JJC staff in implementing, evaluating, and improving
5. Coordinate retention efforts between the iCampus Department and
the Academic Intervention Team through frequent communication and
6. Work closely with Institutional Research and other college
departments on data collection, analyzation, and usage of relevant
iCampus and college data.
7. Assist iCampus staff with efforts related to student retention,
such as student surveys, orientations, and other related
8. Assist with data collection for annual reports and evaluation of
9. Research and make recommendations to the iCampus Director and
Academic Intervention Team for future retention efforts.
10. Provide assistance to faculty, student /outreach services
staff, and other JJC staff visiting the iCampus Technology Center
for Teaching & Learning.
11. Stay current with trends and best practices regarding student
retention, develop retention strategies for the college.
12. Serve on committees as assigned by the Director of
13. Participate in achieving departmental and college goals and
14. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree.
2. Extensive personal computer skills and a thorough knowledge of
software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
3. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including written
correspondence, correct grammar in writing and speaking, phone
communication skills, creativity, self-motivation, problem solving,
sense of humor, and positive/professional attitude.
5. Must work effectively with diverse groups including students,
administrators, faculty, staff, and outside entities.
6. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part
of a team. Self-motivated and self-directed work ethic and
enthusiastic contributing team member.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience with Datatel, Navigate (or other academic
intervention tool), Canvas (the College’s learning management
system), print and web design software, e-mail, and Internet.
3. Familiarity with the higher learning environment, specifically
in technology support and/or student services.
4. Experience in public speaking or training/teaching groups of
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.