Postdoctoral Associate- Valente Lab
- University of Florida
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 2, 2022
The Valente laboratory in the Department of Immunology and Microbiology at the Scripps Research Institute in Jupiter - Florida https://scripps.ufl.edu/profile/valente-susana/ is seeking a highly talented, creative, independent self-motivated postdoctoral scholar. We focus on the characterization of molecular interactions occurring within a host cell that are critical for HIV transcription. Our goal is to develop therapeutics that block HIV-1, with special focus on those that help to reduce, eradicate, or suppress the reservoir of latently infected cells.
Ongoing projects include:
- Understanding of the full clinical potential of Tat inhibitors in in vivo models of HIV latency
- Mechanisms of Tat-independent HIV replication: implications on HIV reservoir formation
- Development of HIV latency promoting agents and their exploration for a functional cure
- Identification and characterization of chromatin regulators and host cellular factors regulating HIV latency and reactivation
Commensurate with experience.
Ph.D. (or MD/PhD) in biological sciences such as virology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or immunology, with several international publications.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Expertise in virology such as cell culture, virus production, lentivirus vector production, p24 ELISA, flow cytometry, etc.
- Work in the BSL3 facility
- Expertise in biochemistry, IP, WB, protein expression and purification 8/31/2022
- Epigenetics ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, etc.
- Small molecule screening
- Work with primary cell models of HIV latency
- Excellent oral communication and written skills in English, with good organizational and analytical abilities.
Preference to candidates with experience with HIV.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Postdoctoral candidates should send an inquiry with cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Health Assessment Required:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert