The Ithaca College Physician Assistant (PA) Program is accepting
applications for a part-time Administrative Assistant to join their
dynamic team. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with
the Director of Clinical Education with establishing and
maintaining clinical rotation sites and preceptors, managing
communications and schedules, facilitating learner experiences at
CMC, and supports the Director of Didactic Education with
operations in the Clinical Learning Center (CLC).
- Coordinates the operations of the Clinical Learning Center
(CLC) including the functioning of patient simulation, part-task
trainers, and audiovisual equipment used to conduct
simulation-based learning and evaluation of students.
- Responsible for performing routine maintenance and
troubleshooting computer hardware and software and audio-visual
equipment for solutions for the CLC.
- Troubleshoots mannequin-based simulation devices and part-task
trainers. Program simulators for case scenarios.
- Serves as a resource to faculty using simulation in their
courses. Provides technological support to faculty, staff and
standardized patients throughout sessions.
- Ensures CLC is kept clean and organized while focusing on
safety guidelines set by Environmental Health and Safety. Contacts
facilities maintenance of potentially harmful issues. Attains and
renews necessary trainings of Biohazard and Bloodborne
- Schedule and organize site visits, Mid-Rotation Learner
Evaluations, End of Rotation Days, and Preceptor and Learner
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and
prepare facilities, and record and transcribe minutes of
- Assist with initial and routine clinical site visits.
- Obtain and maintain update documents demonstrating clinical
site and provider qualifications as per ARC-PA Standards.
- Inputs and maintains schedules, evaluations and up-to-date
learner files, including immunizations and certifications within
- Coordinates the necessary documentation and onboarding for
learners rotating through clinical practices.
- Maintains inventory of CLC office and medical supplies.
- Handles Personal Health Information (PHI), requiring HIPPA
- Ensure timely and accurate communication between clinical
sites, preceptors, faculty, staff, and learners.
Associate’s degree and a minimum of 3 years previous office
experience or the equivalent combination of education and
experience; in-depth knowledge of various word-processing,
spreadsheet and database software applications; excellent attention
to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and
written communication skills; ability to process confidential
information, prioritize projects, handle multiple tasks and meet
deadlines are required, understanding of how to manage confidential
information; exhibit the professionalism and interpersonal skills
necessary to represent the college and cultivate relationships with
clinical sites, preceptors, and learners required.
- Experience providing support in an academic, healthcare or
academic healthcare environment.
- Experience planning and facilitating events or team activities.
Interested applicants must apply online and attach a resume, cover
letter, and list of three professional references. Questions about
online applications should be directed to the Office of Human
Resources at (607) 274-8000 or email@example.com.
PA Program Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
The Ithaca College PA Program focuses on an equity framework that
seeks to be representative of all people, including those impacted
by systemic disadvantages and marginalization. Course topics,
discussions, and activities should enhance the learner’s capacity
to communicate across differences in productive ways. The skills
learned in the PA Program can be applied in the clinical setting,
classroom, workplace, interpersonal relationships, and community
environments. The Ithaca College PA Program will provide a safe
place for healthy discussions while respecting and caring for each
other in the same way we would care for our patients.
For additional information on the College’s commitment to
diversity, equity and inclusion, see: https://www.ithaca.edu/diversity-and-inclusion
Visa Sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Anticipated Salary Range $16.69 to $20 per hour