Part-Time Cashier, Snack Bar
$10.77 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for providing assistance in the food
service program by accounting for meals and revenues.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up work station, cash register, and point of sale
- Take customers' orders, monitor the order, and ensure their
- Process credit card and debit card transactions.
- Take money from customers and provide correct change.
- Follow the meal charge policy.
- Help package food in boxes and bags as necessary.
- Listen to and help resolve customer complaints, suggestions,
- Keep counter and dining area neat and clean.
- Sweep and mop the floor as needed.
- Restock napkins, straws, lids, and other supplies in the dining
- Assist manager with counting and maintaining inventory of
supplies and goods.
- Assist in preparation of menu items and prepare cafeteria
service area as directed by manager.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and professionalism that promotes
the culture, values, and mission of Lee College.
- Organize and stock food items as necessary.
- Follow all safety rules and proper procedures including
sanitation and health regulations.
- Follow proper personal hygiene procedures that are necessary
for the safe and sanitary handling of food.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position.
Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a
security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Ability to operate computer/point of sale equipment
- Must be able to work with a variety of people from varying
- Must be able to reconcile accounting reports
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and/or push objects or loads
of more than fifty (50) pounds
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and sporting
events as required
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7079
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.