About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida, and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace, and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott Campus is respected
worldwide for cutting-edge instruction and training for tomorrow’s
aviation, aerospace, security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is
a mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable weather
excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and
45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild
climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national
forests. The university is a small, private, residential university
in the mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
The Hazy Library and Learning Center ( https://hazy.erau.edu
) at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical
University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is seeking an enthusiastic
Associate Director for Access Services who enjoys the dynamics of
working directly with students and faculty to promote academic
success. Join us in creating innovative services and remarkable
library spaces. The primary function of the Associate Director for
Access Services is to provide leadership, management and planning
for the Hazy Library Access Services unit. This non-tenure track
position manages circulation functions, reserve collection, library
operations and scheduling staff, facilities use and security, and
marketing and social media. This role serves as member of the
Library Management team and contributes to overall library
ERAU benefits include:
- Management and Supervision: Supervises 3 full time staff
and oversees the supervision of 15+ student employees. Establishes
Access Services Team goals based on the library strategic plan.
Fosters excellent customer service.
- Circulation: Oversees circulation functions and systems
for books and equipment and the course reserve collection.
Establishes documented circulation policies, procedures, and
workflows. Compiles and reports statistical data related to
- Operations: Responsible for library hours, changes to
the library calendar, and staff scheduling.
- Facilities: Responsible for providing building oversight
to ensure the safety and security of the facility and its
occupants. Communicates library-building needs for facilities,
safety, and custodial. Coordinates Library safety and emergency
- Marketing and Social Media: Oversees marketing and
promotional activities, programs and materials, and social media
- Assists with the Overall Library Administration: Serves
as a member of the Library Management Team and contributes to
overall library administration, strategic planning, assessment and
business plans, budget administration and policy development.
- Promotes Research Consultation, Scholarship and Liaison
Services: Provides research consultation and assistance at
onsite and virtual service points. Participates in evening hour
rotations as scheduled. Serves as subject liaison to assigned
academic departments and disciplines.
- Promotes Teaching and Learning: Supports faculty to
integrate information literacy skills throughout out all levels of
the curriculum. Serves as member of the Library Research
- Promotes Outreach and Engagement: Serves on library,
campus, and Yavapai Library Network consortium committees.
- Retirement Plan-ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a 6%
gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions.
- Two BCBS health plans –PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account.
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various services: fitness center, library, mailroom and
enjoy observation flights.
- Master’s degree in library science or information science from
an ALA accredited program.
- 3 years of professional academic library experience, including
supervisory experience of full-time employees.
- Experience with SirsiDynix or relevant ILS circulation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills, both on an individual and group basis.
- Ability to prioritize work while meeting multiple
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer services.
- Ability to be on call to ensure hours of operation.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with courtesy, tact,
discretion, and patience, exercising good judgment.
- Experience with consortia organizations.
- Familiarly with budgeting and planning.
- Experience establishing projects and coordinating team
- Experience with human resources policies and practices.
- Knowledge of Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Recovery
- Strong service orientation and commitment to building alliances
with all levels of the ERAU learning community.
- Successful use of technology and productivity software to
Review of applications begins June 1, 2022, and continues until the
position is filled or the search is closed.
A complete application will include a cover letter, Curriculum
Vitae or resume and three professional references.
Visit the Hazy Library and Learning Center: http://hazylibrary.erau.edu
Visit the ERAU Prescott campus homepage: http://prescott.erau.edu