About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal
arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the
main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our
campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is
accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
(NECHE). Curry College offers 22 undergraduate majors, over 60
minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students
prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship
with a global perspective. We are an inclusive community of diverse
learners and educators, committed to continuing our legacy of
developing effective communicators with reflective and critical
thinking skills. We mentor and empower our students, building
meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs
to undergraduate and graduate students, and our rich blend of
liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical
field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry
extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that we do.
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students,
faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
Responsibilities include managing the day to day operations and
repairs of the 48 buildings of Curry College. Responsible for the
physical plant of each building from the foundation to the chimney
and everything in between. Collaborate with Foreman of Grounds and
Director to coordinate and execute cyclical campus events.
Coordinate the flow and scheduling of incoming School Dude work
orders - approximately 500 per month. Work closely with Residence
Life, Tradesmen and Outside Contractors to coordinate the flipping
of 19 Residence Halls from Curry Students to Summer Conferencing -
from initial walk throughs, to painting, maintenance, etcetera) and
then back again. Train new trades hires as needed.
- Scheduling routine annual preventative maintenance and
inspections including but not limited to: boiler maintenance,
septic pumping, grease trap cleaning, gutter cleaning and window
- Respond to emergencies whenever they arise and resolve problems
related to the physical plant.
- Position requires that the employee be on call approximately
every 15 weeks for a one week period.
- Coordinate repairs with outside vendors.
- Solicit and evaluate quotes/proposals from vendors for
- Ability to read plans and layouts, etc. and convey to
- Review and sign off on all trades related invoices daily.
- B&G liaison for Commencement, Accepted Student Day, Open
House, summer conferences, and all large campus wide events.
- Work with the Director to oversee School Dude work order
system, employees and vendors executing work requests, along with
the B&G Sr. & Administrative Assistant.
- Identify areas throughout campus where energy savings can be
implemented (LED lighting, motion sensing devices, low flow
plumbing fixtures, etcetera) and where profitable, put into
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Obtain bids and make Capital Purchases as directed.
- Work with the Health and Safety Coordinator to maintain a safe
campus and work environment.
- Review and recommend campus-wide policies as they relate to the
B&G operations for approval.
- Oversee Energy Management System.
- Review and recommend purchase requisitions and subsequent
invoices for outside vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Manage additional personnel in the absence of either Foreman of
Grounds, Assistant Director, or both.
- Interview and train new trades hires when necessary.
- Coordinate repairs at our satellite Plymouth location.
- Must be available during snow storms to oversee, coordinate and
assist with snow plowing/removal.
- Handle phone calls remotely from Evening Mechanics and Weekend
Staff and coordinate problem resolution.
- Must have proven experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of heating, plumbing, electricity, mechanical
systems and general construction practices.
- Work with team to review and update standing operating
- Perform other Buildings and Grounds related tasks as they may
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly or indirectly supervise
10-20 full and part time employees. In addition, may supervise
up to 10+ seasonal work-study or part-time helper(s). Supervise
and/or oversee the work of outside contractors as required. Cover
supervision for Foreman of Grounds and Assistant director short
term or long term as needed. Responsible for the supervision of
outside contractors as required.
- 10+ years of related facilities management, property management
and personnel management. Experience in a college setting
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated experience managing employees in a high volume
- Experience managing staff in a union environment
- Knowledge of the buildings and grounds operations and related
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work with others to accomplish
assigned tasks with competing deadlines.
- School Dude and Johnson Controls experience preferred.
- Construction supervisor's license preferred
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs occasionally and 50 lbs often.
- High School Diploma Trade School
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry
College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique
identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain
working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and
At the College's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate,
to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful
completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to
the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at
Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic
Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of
Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post
Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617)
Please apply online at
for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and;
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a
former or current supervisor, including complete contact
information and professional titles.