About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Marketing Administrative Assistant is responsible for overall
departmental support for marketing and communications including;
budget assistance, expenditure monitoring, meeting or project
arrangements, ordering office supplies, and reception. Assists with
multiple projects between staff, internal departments and vendors,
provides reporting on projects and marketing initiatives to
management and is an advocate for the college brand.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the department.
Receive and direct visitors while assessing the relative importance
of each, handle phone calls, coordination with meetings and
scheduling, relay messages, departmental email account/s, provide
requested information, prioritize and distribute mail.
- Act as go to for regular recurring projects and some ad-hoc
projects, as needed such as temporary signage, business cards and
- Assist with preparing and monitoring departmental budget.
Process and prepare direct pay vouchers, invoices, purchase
requisitions, travel requests and reimbursement, budget adjustments
and transfers, credit card payments, reports, work orders and
service arrangements, central stores orders and related. Including
ordering departmental supplies and inventory, processing
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors and business offices in
the bidding, quote, and ordering process and maintain inventories,
printed materials, institutional stationery and promotional items.
Establish and implement the process of institutional promotional
items and requests with internal departments and serve as a point
- Assist the marketing and communications team and internal
clients to coordinate project timelines and ensure clients provide
materials and information within timelines for successful project
completion within the creative workflow system; provide information
of the complexities involved with all projects; address problematic
issues of uncompleted tasks and recommend necessary
- Assist with departmental organization of all projects. Assist
with tracking and reporting priorities for marketing jobs in
progress, including deadlines for diverse project elements to
- Maintains records of previous projects for efficient reuse and
retrieval in future marketing projects within the creative workflow
system, provides reports and updates to the team.
- Assist the team in publication planning, coordinate timelines,
and scheduling with internal departments and outside vendors. Work
with vendors and internal offices on bid specifications, design or
technical assistance, and prepare projects for press and delivery
as needed. Write and coordinate bid specifications and direct
purchasing to process bids for external vendors.
- Establish and implement departmental mailing process and
projects including mailing lists, and coordinate with internal
list/stakeholders and fulfillment vendors (printers and mailhouse)
when a "do not mail" request is received.
- Prepare and organize materials for professional award
submissions; register all award submissions.
- Prepare, maintain and review office procedures and suggest
necessary changes to the Director.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Administrative supervision is received from the Director of
- Functional supervision may be exercised over student
- This position reports to Nancy, Manager of Production and
Design and will also support me
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associate degree with coursework in business, journalism,
commercial art, marketing, or related area, an equivalent
combination of training and experience from which similar ability
can be acquired is necessary. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years of experience that demonstrates competency in
coordinating various project elements to result in a finished
project. Experience should also demonstrate competency in writing,
editing, or design, and the ability to quickly learn new software
applications. Five years of experience preferred.
- Basic editing and proofing skills. Working knowledge of AP
- Must have excellent attention to detail, organizational skills,
and the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects
concurrently, meeting established timelines, quality, and cost
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications, Google
Suite, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with project management tools
and systems preferred.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills to find and
- High interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and
within a team.
- Judgment, initiative, and independent action in establishing or
adapting work procedures to new situations are required.
- Work requires knowledge of the policies and procedures within
the Department and College Systems.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to
visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office
environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no
exposure to adverse working conditions.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval,
some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule
options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day
probationary period, employees are required to report to
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a
Vaccination /Testing Mandate
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are