IT Support Technician
IT Systems Administrator
Information Technology Admin
NG New Gloucester
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for supporting all
end-user client computing services as well as for the deployment
configuration and on-going support of all new and replacement
network and computing hardware and peripheral devices according to
established protocols. The IT Support Technician manages the
installation, configuration and upgrades of client software
applications installed on or accessed from client devices. This
position works with the Director of IT to develop and document new
support protocols as necessary to support both College-owned /
managed equipment and personally-owned / unmanaged devices. The IT
Support Technician manages and provides first-tier support
assistance primarily for Distance Education students and employees
help desk tickets and secondarily for other end users.
Full job description provided at time of interview.
- Manage IT efforts around client hardware and software
installation, configuration, maintenance, support, troubleshooting
- Responsible for timely service delivery and resolution of
client-side technical problems.
- Provide first-tier academic support and administrative support
services to clients.
- Working with the IT Systems Administrator, Director of IT, and
others, to develop and document new support policies, protocols and
documentation as necessary to support all College-owned (managed)
IT equipment as well as student and employee personally-owned
- Under the direction of the IT Systems Administrator, create,
manage and apply standardized hardware and software solutions to
- Diagnose and resolve client hardware, software and network
- Troubleshoot and repair College computing equipment including
desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, projectors, phones, classroom
A/V systems, etc.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot point of sale
- Provide general computing assistance, basic training, (how to),
and develop tip sheets and guides for employees.
- Obtain quotes from vendors for client hardware and manage
purchase orders of same.
- Install and upgrade a variety of software systems within
existing licensing parameters and prepare systems for use by
students and employees.
- Install, evaluate and maintain classroom AV (projection, sound
and control) equipment.
- Detect, remove and report malware installations on client
- Deploy and troubleshoot basic VoIP phone system client hardware
and software components.
- Be aware of and implement security best practices in all
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
- Three to five years of directly related experience
- College degree preferred.
- CompTIA A+ and Security+ technician certifications
- Must have experience with troubleshooting hardware and software
- Musty be technology adept; excellent oral communication skills;
customer service oriented.
- Must have strong familiarity with Microsoft Windows and
- Experience with hardware imaging preferred.
- Experience with audio-visual equipment preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend a variety of
instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical and logistical problems.
- Ability to explain and execute complex tasks.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours
required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling
responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity
College employees are generally scheduled to work at their
specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is
necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend
events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity
College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental
Professions (opening in 2022), and the School of Environmental
Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms
campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the
fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
At Unity College, we dont just accept difference we
celebrate it, we support it,
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible
and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students,
and our community.
Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer.