Lecturer, Department of Political Science & Economics, Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Apr 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Economics, Professional Fields, Public Administration & Policy, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Other Social & Behavioral Sciences, Political Science & International Relations, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lecturer, Master of Public Policy (MPP)
Department of Political Science & Economics
The Department of Political Science and Economics invites applications for a Lecturer of Political Science which is a full-time, non-tenure track, renewable faculty teaching position to begin September 1, 2022. We seek candidates who are passionate about teaching and mentoring students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate will serve as Coordinator of Master of Public Policy (MPP) program and make substantive service contributions to help launch and lead this exciting new degree program. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in professional development to stay current in their content area.
Lecturers are 10-month positions with a 12-semester-hour work load, serving as Coordinator of the MPP program will be included in this load each semester. While these are non-tenure track positions, they are renewable, with expectations for continuing renewal of two, three, four, and then five years per contract. In addition, the position has a promotion path to Senior Lecturer and Master Lecturer, and includes benefits.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Serving as the MPP Coordinator, leading and implementing all aspects of the program (including but not limited to advertisement/promotion, student recruitment, admissions, and graduation);
- Teaching graduate courses in public policy (including the MPP’s capstone course) and, as needed, undergraduate courses in American politics and Public Policy;
- Utilize, establish, develop, and coordinate contacts in policy circles (public, private, and non-profit) to create internship and capstone project opportunities for MPP students as well as job placement pathways;
- Collaborate with The Sweeney Center for Public Policy and the Rowan Institute for Public Policy and Citizenship to organize policy-related events, internship opportunities, and career placement;
- Participating in curricular development, including taking leadership in the further development and advancement of the MPP program;
- Attending open houses, orientations, and other recruitment events as needed;
- Mentoring and advising students within the MPP program; and
- Attending departmental meetings and annual retreats.
Candidates with a Ph.D. in Political Science, Public Policy, or a related field are preferred, but those with a Master of Public Policy or Master of Public Administration degree and field experience will also be considered. In addition, candidates are expected to have evidence of strong teaching, student advising, and mentoring experience at the college level.
How to Apply:
The application must be submitted through Rowan University’s online application system https://jobs.rowan.edu/en-us/listing/ and must include a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, graduate transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and why your profile prepares you to serve as Coordinator of the Master of Public Policy program.
All completed applications, including letters of recommendation, must be received by May 30, 2022 to receive full consideration, after which applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Female candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Rowan University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Advertised: Apr 28 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert