The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services will be the primary
point of contact for event rentals and internal event coordination
on campus. Primary focus is to process and support external rental
requests with the main goal in mind of generating revenue. The
Assistant Director of Conference Services will work with clients
from the inquiry phase, including setting up site visits and
sending quotes, the preparation phase of securing the contract and
communicating all pertinent information to on-campus service
providers and departments, to the execution phase of providing
on-site event support. In addition to working with existing
programs, this individual will seek out ways to bring new programs
to campus during the summer months and market the spaces we have
This position will also support all internal campus events
specifically Reunion Weekend, Commencement-related events, Notre
Dame Day, etc. are fully supported by the Conference Services team.
The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services will support the
Auxiliary & Conference Services Coordinator in managing 25Live,
the room reservation system as well as support audio visual
components of all events on campus.
The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services support the Director
of Auxiliary & Conference Services in overseeing Camp Notre
Dame operations including but not limited to hiring of staff,
managing and tracking of registration and payments, orientation and
onsite support in the summer months. This position will also be the
main point of contact for the Gator Swim School program.
Professional and timely correspondence with clients, knowledge of
campus facilities and room set ups, and entering/managing room
reservations to prevent conflicts is expected. Some weekend and
evening work is required throughout the year.
External Programming Responsibilities
- Conference Services Responsibilities
- Attends the weekly Operations Meeting to ensure seamless
communication between all campus service providers needed for an
- Assist in managing logistics for internal event coordination.
Provides resource information to those planning events, to ensure
- Provides rotating support during the evenings and weekends to
include setting up audio visual equipment for internal and external
events as needed, monitoring facilities, setups, and services to
meet the needs and desires of the group, and responding to
- Contributes to presentations, orientations, and/or trainings
provided by Conference Services, including trainings for 25Live
users and for Student Assistants.
- Works closely with internal camp directors on space usage.
- Review all policies; guidelines; forms; and rates. Make
recommendations of updates and changes to the Director of Auxiliary
- Identify process improvements that help drive efficiency &
cost improvements that support budget and goal attainment.
Gator Swim School Responsibilities
- Supports Conference Services primary mission of generating
- Processes external event requests, including responding to all
inquiries in a timely manner, setting up site visits, sending
quotes, coordinating any catering or Public Safety needs,
contract-negotiation and on-site event support.
- Contract development for existing summer programs and any new
summer programs on campus. Uses Conference Services Share Drive to
keep updated files for each event.
- Maintains working knowledge of external rental rates for campus
spaces. This also includes yearly rate evaluations and rate
- Manages invoicing for external groups, tracking revenue and
- Corresponds with program point of contact(s) throughout the
year, maintains good relationship and provides timely responses to
questions and requests.
- Works with the Director of Residence Life for overnight groups
in the dorms, as well as coordinates any maintenance and cleaning
schedules with our Facilities department and housekeeping crew.
Assigns overnight residence hall accommodations for residential
camps with support from Residence Life.
- Works closely with our Food Service Director and coordinates
meal needs for different external programs..
- Oversee program check-ins and checkouts and provides direction
to student assistants.
- Oversees all requests for wedding ceremonies on campus;
conducts a site visit with the requestor, assembles the rental
agreement, handles all planning details, and provides on-site
assistance for all rehearsals and ceremonies.
- Responsible for hiring, contracting and supervising all Gator
Swim School staff
- Manages registration and payment for all swim lessons and pool
- Schedules all swim lessons, communicates with families and
clients regularly regarding schedules, changes, etc.
- Ensures pool and lesson curriculum are in compliance with all
state regulations; creates and distributes lesson plans and
guidance for swim lessons to staff
- Responsible for making sure swim lesson rates are comparable to
local and national rates, conducts research as appropriate
- Camp Notre Dame Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Director of Auxiliary Services,
supports the following for Camp Notre Dame:
- Oversees the hiring and contracting of staff during the
academic school year. Works with HR to make sure all appropriate
paperwork is received and conducts interviews.
- Manages registration and payment of campers once registration
opens in February each year.
- Responds to parent inquiries and keeps camp website
- Keeps camp director appraised of staff hiring and registrations
during the academic year.
- Assists with the planning and prep of camp activities; includes
monitoring inventory and purchasing of supplies needed.
- Provides onsite support for Camp Notre Dame Director when camp
is in session.
Knowledge of general office procedures, contract
development, summer programming logistics, the basic event planning
process, when and how to request event support from various campus
service providers. Previous experience with summer programming and
management required. Bachelors degree preferred.
Minimum of three years experience required.
Experience in event, hotel, or conference planning required.
Experience in summer program management or summer camp management
- Outstanding customer service skills and excellent written and
oral communication skills required.
- Successful candidate possesses exemplary level of
professionalism, is detail-oriented, communicates with tact, and
demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Must be professional and flexible, with an ability to adapt and
keep pace with changing workload demands.
- Must be able to concurrently coordinate multiple projects.
- Must have strong analytical abilities and problem-solving
skills and be forward-thinking in anticipating the needs of various
- Experience with Microsoft Office and a scheduling software
system is required; prior use of 25Live is preferred.
- Needs to have a basic understanding of audiovisual equipment
and setup equipment.
- Is able to work independently, while regularly communicating
the status of events, projects, and various other needs.
- Should have an understanding of conference and hospitality
industry needs and expectations.
Flexible schedule. The ability to work
weekends and evening hours is mandatory.
Must be able to stand for prolonged
periods of time and lift at least 30 pounds.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references