The World Science Festival’s educational arm, World Science U
(WSU) is seeking a creative, innovative, and team-oriented Manager
of Instructional Design (ID) for our online programming. This
is a multi-faceted position dedicated to the development of highly
technology-enhanced science courses, and reports to the president
of WSU. Subject matter experts/developers and other WSU staff
members will depend on the expertise of the ID Manager for
technical and programmatic development as well as assistance with
planning and coordinating course materials.
- Works with course developers (faculty and teaching fellows) one
on one, providing instructional design guidance in designing,
creating, and reviewing their courses.
- Serves as a liaison with the other development services,
graphics, video production, and learning objects programming.
- Coaches faculty in the selection of appropriate media or
technology tools to enhance classes.
- Resolves students’ problems with course content.
- Help manage the online learning platform, including content
integration, user registration, licensing, quality control,
maintenance, new feature requests, and documentation.
- Explores and evaluates new technologies, materials, and
techniques for their applicability to educational uses. Keeps
current in the latest trends and methodologies in teaching with
technology and recommends new technologies as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.