Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
This position is a 12 month/30 load hour teaching faculty position.
The position will support the DNP / PMHNP program including
teaching responsibilities including online/synchronous didactic,
practicum, and telehealth/lab instruction, grading, student and
course support. This position will collaborate with the PMHNP
Program Director, lead faculty, Practicum Coordinator, Advisor,
Faculty Support Coordinator and ultimately the Chair of the DNP /
APRN programs and Deans.
• Graduate degree in nursing with preparation as a Psychiatric
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner ( PMHNP ).
• Preferred degree: DNP or PhD
• Current and unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse and Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse license.
• National Certification as a PNIHNP from the ANCC or AANP .
• Current clinical practice in the role of PMHNP .
• Candidate will be professional with excellent personal
communication and computer skills.5 years of experience as a PMHNP
in a direct-care setting.
Current certification in American Heart Association CPR for
Healthcare Provider with AED in addition to the PMHNP
certification, hold a certification as a Family Nurse
• Experience teaching at the graduate level.
• Experience in practicum / student supervision.
Special Instructions for Applicants
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Professional License(s)
- Cover Letter
- Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have multi-state RN licensure?