Small Animal Operating Room Service On-Call Technician (OPS)
The Small Animal Operating Room Services with the Veterinary
Hospital is recruiting for an OPS on call/after hour technician.
This position assists with surgical procedures, performs routine
and surgical nursing care functions on animal patients such as
surgical preparation, aseptic technique and pre-surgical
treatments. This position has a variety of responsibilities which
include, but not limited to:
- ensure that patients are prepped in a timely fashion; prepares
patient for surgery in accordance with hospital standard.
- assembles surgical supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- transports patients to/from surgical suite; positions patients
according to surgical type.
- cleans OR suites and instrumentation/equipment according to
- operate a variety of machines such as scoping equipment, power
equipment, instrument washers and flash sterilizers.
This position requires coverage for after hour/emergency
procedures; the hours of operation are:
- Monday through Thursday 5pm to 8am
- Friday 5pm to midnight
- Saturday/Sunday 24 hour shifts
This is a shared position with multiple technicians on the schedule
and based on availability of each person.
Salary is $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Have at least one year of animal/clinic experience
- Able to work this position for at least two years
- Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees/staff of
various levels and responsibilities
- Able to accept constructive criticism and maintain a positive
attitude at work
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for
extended periods of time
- Have a working cell phone
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- At least a two year commitment due to the extensive training
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not reapply.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
This is a part-time position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required:
Yes; Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs, bend, kneel,
pull, push, twist and stand for an extended period of time.