About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with the industry to break new ground and produce top-level
graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and
aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers
programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied
Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering;
Safety, Security and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide announces an
opportunity on the Academic Innovation team. The Instructional
assists faculty and college leadership in enhancing teaching and
learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption,
training, and implementation of instructional technologies into all
course modalities. The Instructional Technologist promotes the
faculty’s use of instructional technology to ensure its successful
incorporation into course delivery and will participate in
instructional technology pilots and implementations. The
Technologist will interpret the needs of faculty in relation to
instructional technologies and be an advocate for faculty to the IT
This position integrates knowledge of instructional methodology
with technical knowledge to maximize the use of applications and
technologies used in the instructional process. The Instructional
Technologist must possess a solid understanding of academic
technologies and trends, be a progressive thinker, and understand
emerging instructional technology trends and advancements,
especially in the areas of immersive environments and gaming
development, to ensure that Embry-Riddle stays abreast of
advancements that can enhance teaching and learning.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide training for faculty and staff on a variety of
instructional technologies used in course delivery at the Worldwide
- Provide guidance and feedback on best practices for effective
use of technology.
- Research, test, evaluate, conduct quality checks, provide
recommendations for future technology innovations and track history
- Liaise with vendors, Academic Innovation, Information
Technology, and other University level departments, when
applicable, on the implementation of new tools, strategies, or
- Responsible for serving as the Subject Matter (tool) Expert in
small-scale technology implementations.
- Contribute to staff training initiatives through live team
training sessions and the creation and maintenance of HTML guide
documentation for technology tools.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data related to new
technology initiatives, prepare reports, develop and participate in
assessments related to the implementation of new technology
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Technology, Education, or a
- (1-3) years of work related experience
- Extensive knowledge of Learning Management Systems (Canvas
preferred) and web conferencing platforms.
- Understanding of how to install, configure, and support
applications that integrate with the LMS using LTI and basic
knowledge of the use of APIs.
- Prior teaching or training experience.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
- Proficient with Office 365 to include Teams, SharePoint,
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in
- Comfortable and experience with presenting to groups of all
- Exceptional research skills.
- Ability to maintain patience under pressure in a rapidly
- Ability to solve problems independently and work
collaboratively with a cross functional team.