Summer Library Assistant
Library & IT
The Summer Library Assistant will primarily work on library
projects both individually and with members of a team. Up to 2-3
hours of each day may be spent providing customer service to
patrons at the Library Services Desk. Library Services Desk
staffing entails all aspects of circulating library materials using
the library's online circulation module. This position provides
basic directional assistance to patrons regarding the library and
campus, helps patrons search the online library catalog, and
answers the desk telephones.
Additional duties may include:
- Arrange returned circulating materials on appropriate book
trucks and accurately reshelve library materials in the
- Search for missing or misshelved items requested by
- Collect books used within the building and prepare them to be
- Perform shifts of sections of the collection as needed.
- Perform inventories of the library's assorted collections.
- Visit faculty offices to assist with the return and/or renewal
of library books.
- Verify the accuracy of the book placement on the shelves (shelf
- Clean out lockers and study carrels, and verify keys work.
- Edit library documentation, photocopy documents, and collate as
- Other similar types of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written
- Customer service oriented.
- Computer and software knowledge including word processing,
spreadsheet, and email.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to take
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently, as well
as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Bends, kneels, stoops, pushes, pulls, reaches above and below
shoulders, frequently lifts and carries objects (books and boxes of
books) up to 25 pounds unassisted. Climbs and works on stools and
This position will work up to 35
hours per week, beginning in late May/early June and continuing
through the end of August (as needed).
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497029/summer-library-assistant