Events Center Usher
Position Summary Information
The Events Center Usher position acts as a welcoming,
knowledgeable, and informative presence to guests attending
scheduled activities in the University’s Events Center by
performing the following duties. This is an on-call position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain a highly visible presence to arriving guests
2. Present a pleasant demeanor while responding to guest
3. Provide directions to assigned and general seating areas and
4. Resolve seating disputes through direct interaction and, if
necessary, summoning of supervisor.
5. Report to a supervisor any urgent or concerning situations or
6. Act as directed by supervisor to coordinate response of
emergency medical or other services to occurrences within or
adjacent to the Event Center.
7. Assist guests in exiting during routine and exigent
8. Answer general questions about the University and Athletics
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Currently have or able to obtain a valid basic first aid
certification from the American Red Cross or other recognized
Ability to provide excellent customer service to guests.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training required.
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2