Coordinator Senior, Graduate and Transfer
Arizona State University
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
At Arizona State University, we measure ourselves not by whom we
exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed. In
Admission Services, we are passionate about helping students find
their right university fit and working together as a team to
achieve our enrollment goals. Creating an excellent campus visit
and event experience helps students fully understand what Arizona
State University has to offer and helps them find their right
As part of the Graduate and Transfer recruitment team, the
coordinator senior, under general supervision, plans, organizes and
coordinates activities, functions and programs in accordance with
priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other
specifications. Coordination will include CRM training and adoption
of both internal and external constituents, territory management,
website content management, social media coordination, segmentation
within graduate and transfer student recruitment and other areas as
defined by department leadership. Incumbent will assist with the
on-boarding of new staff as well as the management of a small team
of recruitment specialists. The coordinator senior will also assist
in the day to day recruitment activities at an assigned community
college in Maricopa county. This includes conducting face to face
meetings, email and phone communication, as well as the attendance
at special events.
$50,000 per year
- Identify, cultivate and nurture relevant professional
relationships to enhance recruitment/enrollment objectives (within
community college/national organizations).
- Develop recruitment goals and objectives.
- Serve as contact for select in-state and out-of-state community
- Participate in recruitment trips to in-state and out-of-state
- Conduct training for admissions representatives within CRM
deployment strategy and relationship development practices.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with colleges, departments
and schools both internal and external to university.
- Develop strategies to recruit, maintain, and enroll graduate
and transfer students particularly through the use of CRM support
- Ensure appropriate levels of productivity are maintained.
- Ensure appropriate levels of reporting and analysis are
- Coordinate program assessment and provide recommendations for
- Utilize (CRM and PeopleSoft) in support of recruitment
- Monitor the performance of recruitment specialists and their
contact with students.
- Communicate with ASU’s internal network to determine needs for
- Assist with other recruitment activities across campuses as
- Advocate for the use of new technologies in the recruitment
- Ensure all recruitment efforts are in direct support of
- Identify recruitment system opportunities and provide
recommendations for improvements.
- Provide input, collaboration and coordination in CRM adoption
with other departments.
- Coordinate and supervise student workers within the unit.
- Ensure appropriate levels of productivity are maintained.
- Schedule student worker staff to maximize productivity while
remaining within budget.
- Keep functional users updated on ASU’s CRM system and current
issues pertinent to job function.
- Assist with review of outbound communication and support
efforts to ensure departmental and administration needs are
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of
assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in the principles and practices related to academic
advising, recruitment/retention, and/or other student support
- Experience in strategic planning, analyzing and coordinating
activities and establishing priorities.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working
- Experience to rapidly adapt and effectively utilize new
technology, practices, policies and methods.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other Student Information System
- Experience in use of internet-based research tools and
Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree preferred.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office
setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and
manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying
lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25
pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change
priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write,
see and hear to perform essential functions. Travel, involving
operation of a motor vehicle. Ability to
communicate. Occasional evening and weekend hours
In support of the university mission and goals, Admission
Services creates and promotes the broadest possible awareness of
ASU as the New American University. This is accomplished through
meaningful interactions and customer service throughout the college
search and enrollment processes.
Admission Services attracts and enrolls diverse, high achieving
and talented students from Arizona, the nation and the world and
engages families, educators, and other members of the community in
the encouragement of students to pursue higher education at Arizona
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and
Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online
at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You
may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include
verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which
includes a criminal background check, verification of work history,
academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is
contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will
include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon
successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and
experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of
“equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means
one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one
year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is
equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id#