Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Administrative Coordinator manages the day-to-day operations
within the office of the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs. Manages
the Vice Dean’s calendar and itinerary as well as plans and
implements various new and ongoing programs and projects
- Manage calendaring, scheduling and all communications related
to all meetings, both on-site and off-site.
- Maintain records of Faculty time within the Office of
Educational Affairs; Coordinate the Faculty Evaluation process by
setting up meetings between faculty members and the Vice Dean and
maintaining all evaluation related records
- Coordinate search committees for new faculty hires within
- Communicate and arrange meetings with Deans, Directors, and
administrative staff within the office of Educational Affairs who
report to the Vice Dean.
- Coordinate the Educational Coordinating Committee meetings.
Schedule rooms, arrange A/V and or Zoom links, and attend monthly
meetings. Record, distribute and keep records of minutes, documents
and agendas of the Educational Coordinating Committee and AdHoc
Task Forces. Manage and maintain a shared folder of all
documentation for each ECC meeting and for the subcommittees of the
ECC for use by all members of the Curriculum Committees. Coordinate
and manage various other monthly and yearly meetings and
- Develop and maintain a COM Educational Program Policies one
drive or sharepoint site.
- Proctor National Board Medical Examiners Exams–Proctor medical
students at each end of clerkship exam as well as make up
- Assist with obtaining the data for the Annual LCME
Questionnaire and entering the data into the LCME database. Assist
with the preparation for LCME Accreditation visits, and maintain
printed documentation associated with LCME.
- Reconcile payment net purchases on P-Card and generate monthly
- Print and post weekly schedules of all Queen Lane study rooms,
Auditoriums and Labs
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for invited guests and
process honoraria and reimbursement paperwork as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by the Vice
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an academic support or
- Bachelor’s degree and related work experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills with
the ability to interact with discrete and professional
- Good writing ability; must be proficient in MS Office,
specifically MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to new organizational and technical
- Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality .
Typically sitting at a desk/table/standing/walking
Lifting less than or 25lbs
Queen Lane Campus – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of l. For
more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applications will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Apr 25 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
May 28 2022 Eastern Daylight Time