The position of Administrative Coordinator and Assistant to the
Chair consists of support for the Department Chair with aspects
related to faculty, committee work, and academic affairs.
- Assist Department Chair with scheduling appointments and
- Assist Department Chair with Curriculum Assessment Committee
and Academic Affairs Committee including filling out new program
proposals, program modification forms scheduling meetings, minute
taking, and create document of pertinent information, acceptance
letters, scholarship packets and notify parties of
- Assist Department Chair with faculty and adjunct searches
including scheduling, tracking applicants, and interview notes as
well as onboarding of new faculty and adjuncts, tracking faculty
and committee appointments, faculty performance reviews and
tracking student course (AEFIS) evaluations, and faculty advisor
- Assist with website updates for faculty, student, and
- Assist adjunct faculty members with Blackboard Learn, Zoom,
classrooms, general questions and refer to others for additional
support as needed.
- Assist department with teaching assistant searches including
posting announcements, responding to email questions, collecting
resumes, and forwarding necessary information to professors
- Schedule department meetings including assisting with agenda
preparation, minute taking, and meeting setup.
- Schedule and announce department seminars (faculty and faculty
candidates) including assisting with advertising, setup,
coordinating with speakers, paying honorariums, arranging travel
and expense reimbursements.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years related experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word,
Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency using computer software programs including MS
Office365, Adobe Pro, and Zoom.
- Familiarity with Drexel’s administrative systems including
Blackboard, SmartSource, and Courseleaf.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table/standing/walking
- Lifting less than or equal to 25 lbs
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Non-Exempt with a salary grade of H.
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applications will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Jun 1 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jun 30 2022 Eastern Daylight Time