The Department of Surgery is seeking an Interventional
Radiologist for a fulltime academic position at the Robert C. Byrd
Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, Charleston
Campus, located in the capital city of Charleston, West Virginia.
The successful candidate will provide Interventional Radiology
services in our academic healthcare institution and provide
educational opportunities for medical students and residents.
Scholarly activities are highly encouraged and faculty academic
rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As a member of the Vascular Surgery Section, the candidate will
be performing a wide range of IR procedures including diagnostic
angiography, peripheral vascular interventions, embolization
procedures, and TIPS, to name a few. In addition, the position will
provide support to the General Surgery and Trauma sections of the
Department of Surgery for a variety of other IR needs such as
biliary drainage procedures, drain placements, biopsies,
embolization procedures, TACE, and other common IR procedures.
Limited call will be required.
Job Requirements by the time of appointment are:
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalent degree from an accredited
residency and completion of an accredited Interventional Radiology
fellowship training program
- Board certification / eligibility by the American Board of
Radiology in Interventional Radiology
- Possess aptitude and passion for educating residents and
- Willingness to participate in appropriate academic, clinical
research or other scholarly activity as may be required of clinical
- A collegial spirit and a desire to facilitate the development
of interdisciplinary care models
- Excellent benefits package with generous PTO
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Culturally diverse community with amenities of a metropolitan
- Family friendly environment
- Unsurpassed recreational activities
- Exceptional school systems
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. The
University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students,
and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and