New Student and Family Programs at Utah Tech University is seeking
a Coordinator of First Year Experience. Under the general direction
of the Director of New Student and Family Programs, the Coordinator
will assist in the development and implementation of New Student
and Family Programs’ signature events including Trailblazer
Orientation, Trailblazer Connections, Family Weekend, and our new
START Program. Trailblazer Orientation is a robust in-person and
virtual orientation for first-time students, transfer students,
adult learners, and family members. Trailblazer Connections is a
two-credit first year experience course comprised of a three-day
pre-semester course and weekly semester course. Additionally, the
Coordinator will work collaboratively with key campus partners,
including academic deans, faculty, advisors, and administrative
staff within and outside of Academic Affairs to deliver successful
large-scale transition programs. Additional information about the
department can be found online at https://orientation.dixie.edu/
- Coordination of the Trailblazer Connections pre-semester and
mid-semester events, including the design, preparation,
implementation, and evaluation of all programs.
- Collaborate with the Director of First Year Experience to
incorporate required Trailblazer Connections curriculum into the
pre-semester schedule and develop mid-semester events to meet
stated course goals.
- Collaborate with Summer START Programming group to coordinate
logistics of the START Program alongside the Trailblazer
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of
20-30 student leaders, including developing and co-leading a
comprehensive training program.
- Serve on the New Student Onboarding Communications Committee to
help develop the onboarding and communication plan for new
- Assist with New Student and Family Programs’ signature
initiatives and events, including Trailblazer Orientation,
Trailblazer Connections, Family Weekend, Parent and Family
- Monitor and respond to New Student and Family Programs emails,
phone calls, and Slate messages.
- Maintain relevant trainings and pursue professional development
opportunities to learn best practices for new student and family
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of experience in a higher education setting
(graduate experience applies).
- Experience coordinating large scale events and programs.
- Understanding of college student development theory and
practice within the areas of orientation, transition, and
- Experience hiring, training, and supervising undergraduate
- Efficient in organization and communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic office skills, including Microsoft Office
software, Google Drive, etc.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling,
Student Affairs, or another related field.
- At least one year of experience planning new student transition
programs in a higher education setting.
- Experience teaching first-year experience courses.
- Experience with CRM software; i.e. Slate, Banner, etc.
professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of
$40,000+, with a desired start date of July 1, 2022. Excellent
benefits package included that begins on start date; includes
medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs,
life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for
employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in
addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
April 27, 2022; position open until filled
Submit application materials (including resume contents
and contact information for three professional references) and
upload cover letter electronically. If, because of a disability,
you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this
opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435)
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Utah Tech University is an open,
inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed to
exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our
university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red
rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and
featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational
opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120
miles), with amenities such as an international airport and
professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the
Utah Tech University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of
higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230
programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. Utah Tech University is an
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and
employees of the University are fully committed to Affirmative
Action and within its programs and activities, including in
admissions and employment. Utah Tech does not discriminate or
tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by
University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or the University’s non-discrimination
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579,
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby DeFeo - firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, email@example.com ,
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification.