GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Arkansas State University-Beebe, a two-year residential community
college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites
applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor of
Mathematics to begin August 2022. The successful candidate will
possess a thorough knowledge of the discipline and teach
developmental Mathematics, Quantitative Literacy, and Algebra.
Online instruction via the Canvas LMS platform will be
required. Some Saturday or evening classes may be required. The
ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and
community engagement rather than research and publishing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a 5/5 Fall & Spring course load.
- Teach face to face, Hybrid, Zoom, Site to Site, and Online
course offerings as needed.
- Teach at satellite locations.
- Develop and Deliver online Mathematics courses.
- Maintain an active roster of advisees across many Math &
- Assist with curriculum development and review.
- Participate in program assessment.
- Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Institutional committee service.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in
Mathematics, Math Education or closely related field or Master’s
degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics, Math
Education. Persons with an additional 18 graduate hours in a math
& science discipline are encouraged to apply. One to three
years teaching experience.
Applicants for this position with ASU-Beebe must have work
authorization that does not now or in the future require
sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United
States and with ASU-Beebe such as H1-B, F-1 (CPT/OPT), TN or
any other status.