A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success. The Associate Professor of Cybersecurity shall
have the primary responsibility for supporting the Department of
Computer Science, Math, and Technology in maximizing the
University’s operating performance while achieving institutional
goals and objectives. This is a tenured faculty position requiring
a strong academic background specifically in Cybersecurity or
Information Systems Security or Information Technology
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Faculty will offer both introductory and advanced courses
directly related to scheduled instruction, including lecture,
laboratory, clinical, performance and coaching assignments;
preparation for instruction, and student assessment
- Faculty must develop and utilize a course syllabus for each
course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Candidates will also be accountable for collaborative and
applied research in various disciplines, including assistance with
grant applications and data analysis on funded grants.
- Perform teaching, scholarship, service, professional
development, and program assessment for accreditation. Advise
students for both academic and career fields. Other qualifications
include: cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or
- A thorough understanding of technology, learning management
systems, and computer applications is essential (i.e. Blackboard,
Canvas, Powercampus, Jenzabar, LinkedIn Learning).
- Teach cybersecurity, computer science, and information systems
- Coordinate cybersecurity program as specified by NSA: CAE-CD
- Manage community education, participation, development,
involvement in Cybersecurity activities.
- Perform teaching, scholarship, service, and professional
- Perform course and program assessment for ABET
- Work collaboratively with the other faculty to advance the
department academic programs.
- Actively engage in faculty-student research supported through
- Advise students in both academic and career fields.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or
deemed appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities
and functions of the Human Resources department.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Proficient in using data in assessment and decision
- Ability to foster a collaborative academic environment and
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship,
service, and professional development.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- The position requires an earned Ph.D. in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or
related IT fields with preferred experience in NSA: CAE-CD PoS
validation institution and ABET accreditation process.
- Strong research background in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or related IT
- Experience teaching in higher education.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, LinkedIn Learning, as well as
knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures.
- Familiarity with Jenzabar technology suite for higher
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity