The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Human Resources Generalist provides support and management of
HR initiatives and services. Individual will be a highly qualified,
results oriented professional who will assist with all aspects of
the employee life cycle from recruiting/onboarding to employee exit
procedures including performance management, employee training and
development, compensation planning, safety, employee relations,
benefits management support, employee events, and student worker
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a first point of contact for all campus employees and
walk-ins, escalating issues to HR leadership as necessary.
- Conducts employee relations investigations and related
documentation and provides follow-through to ensure proper
- Responsible for talent acquisition efforts for the assigned
campus to include preparing job descriptions, screening applicants,
coordinating interviews, negotiating and extending offers of
employment for new faculty and staff.
- Manages and processes employee termination and related
- Processes student worker hires.
- Assists the Program Director in maintaining the data for
faculty to include updated CVs, transcripts, continuing education
requirements and all programmatic accreditation related
- Assists and supports the performance management process for
staff and faculty.
- Organizes and executes campus employee events, including
monthly celebrations, volunteer events, holiday party and benefits
- Provides HR support for other USAHS campuses as required
including monitoring and response of general University-wide email
boxes and hotlines.
- Coordinate employee leaves of absence in conjunction with
- Conducts safety investigations related to work related injuries
and completes required documentation and claims process.
- Manages unemployment insurance claims in conjunction with
Equifax Claims Management service.
- Participates in campus safety initiatives and manages workers’
- Answers questions regarding HR policies and procedures (i.e.
Benefits, Leave of Absence, Retirement, etc.) as appropriate.
- Processes, audits and submits employee changes for staff,
faculty and student workers
- Generates requested reports in Dayforce, including census,
retention, anniversaries and birthdays.
- Assists with the development of onboarding plans and orienting
new hires, including conducting the HR orientation and retrieving
proper I9 documentation.
- Communicates new hires, terminations, promotions and transfers
with internal departments as required.
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Executive Director, Human Resources Operations
Positions Supervised: Temporary Human Resources Coordinator
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, or related field, required
- 2+ years of related, professional HR experience
- Current knowledge and application of HR best practices and
regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, DOL, FLSA,
EEOC, ADA, safety and risk management, HR policy, process, systems
design, and leave of absence management.
- Must possess strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and complete assigned duties
with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be comfortable working
in a very fast-paced, goal-oriented, team environment
- Experience in higher education is highly preferred
PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
Travel to other campuses may be required, not more than 5%
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization
to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding
and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition
strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and
development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national