University Mission Statement:
University of the Southwest is a Christ-centered educational
community dedicated to developing men and women for a lifetime of
servant leadership by emphasizing individual faith, responsibility,
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) (Hobbs, NM) is seeking a
qualified candidate for a full-time, residential faculty position
in the Biology department.
- Teach 24 semester credit hours in the biological sciences each
academic year (both online and face-to-face) to students working
toward fulfilling core requirements or earning a degree in
- Provide expertise and experience in the subject matter as well
as promote the academic achievement and personal development of
- Follow through with all directives handed down by the
- Meet/facilitate all scheduled classes/courses.
- Fulfill all obligations set forth by the Faculty Handbook and
Faculty Expectations policy.
- Attend departmental, college, and university meetings.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Carry out all duties with professionalism and cordiality.
- Ensure ADA compliance within classes assigned.
Education Experience and Skills Required:
- Terminal degree for an accredited institution of higher
learning required (in Biology or other natural science).
Contact Information: Interested applicants
should send CV and cover letter to Dr. Brianna Lopez, Interim Dean
for the College of Arts & Sciences, 6610 N. Lovington Highway,
Hobbs, NM 88240; firstname.lastname@example.org.