Academic Program Specialist
Sales Program Administrator
$15 - $28.85 per hour
Terms of Employment:
Annual, fixed-term terminal
Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Marketing, the Sales
Program Administrator has responsibility for managing the program,
the relationships with the partners, and the operational aspects of
the Program to ensure the finest learning experience and career
success of Sales students and the long-term growth and financial
viability of the Program. The Sales Program Administrator will work
closely with professors and corporate partners.
Contributes to the development, implementation, administration,
coordination, and evaluation for one or more academic programs to
ensure effectiveness in meeting departmental and student
development goals and initiatives. Strives to create a welcoming,
equitable, and inclusive work environment.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all
benefit-eligible positions. Click
for more details.
1. Utilizes independent judgement regarding development,
implementation, promotion, and evaluation for one or more academic
programs, initiatives, or events
2. Identifies program, needs, contributes to the development of
unit workflows, schedules logistics and secures resources for
meetings, events, and interviews
3. Coordinates program components and evaluates program
effectiveness and provides recommendations for improvement
4. May supervise the day-to-day activities of one or more academic
programs and resolves issues exercising discretion to meet unit
Maintaining Relationships with Partners and External Sales Program
1. Recruit partner-companies to participate in the Sales Program.
Recruitment may involve determining types or levels of partnerships
and the costs/benefits associated with different types/levels of
2. Maintain external relationships: Interact with Partners on a
regular basis, coordinate communication to enhance Center strategic
focus; prepare thank-you letters, etc.
3. Coordinate, manage and attend meetings with partners.
4. Program growth. Seek input from various sources (e.g.,
companies, faculty, students, other sales programs or non-sales
programs) about possible ways to grow the program and add more
value (e.g., through enrolling more students or through providing
more externals services)
5. Attend events where academic programs are promoted, representing
the sales program (e.g., College to Career, Major Fest in Reeve).
Attend recruiting events, college and university networking
activities, schedule informational sessions to promote the Sales
Emphasis program both within the College of Business as well as in
other areas (e.g., Communications, etc.)
6. Assist with promotion: Update Sales Program web pages; update
promotional materials and distribute as needed; update items in
display area as needed; develop events to promote the Sales Program
(alumni panels, visits to high schools, etc.).
Administrative Sales Program Operations:
1. Maintain and administer the Sales Program budget under the
supervision of the Department Chair and in compliance with all
university policies and procedures.
2. Maintain and oversee budget activities for all Center
3. Review monthly the central accounting system records for
accuracy. Reconcile Center expenditures and revenues to the system,
initiating changes where needed.
4. Coordinate and process center purchasing. Responsible for all
purchases, reconciling statements, and maintaining required
records. Communicate with outside vendors regarding order
information, pricing, discrepancies, exchanges, etc.
5. Schedule program work, oversee daily operations, and coordinate
the activities of the program.
6. Enter survey data and send entered data to instructors
(periodically gathered information from students enrolled in the
Administrative Sales Program Support:
1. Provide support to students coordinating company trips, ensuring
all processes are within compliance with university policies and
2. Maintain inventory of awards and manage distribution of
3. Help with printing and distributing supplies.
4. Room scheduling and classroom setup. This may require time spent
5. Coordinate the student book loan process with UWO Library
6. In-class non-teaching assistance: taking photos; counting
7. Attend department meetings, as needed.
1. Professional experience with Office 365.
2. Proficient with Word and Excel.
3. Ability to quickly learn new programs.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively organize
5. Work experience in Sales, Marketing, or closely related
6. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and
1. Successful experience in leading projects and managing
2. Knowledge of purchasing, budget tracking and reporting methods,
and requisite systems (i.e., WISDM, PeopleSoft, and other general
3. Experience with Basic web content management systems such as
4. Trade show experience as an exhibitor and coaching
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online
application: cover letter, resume, and contact information for
For questions regarding your application and additional options to
apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by May 6, 2022
are ensured full consideration.
Applications received after
that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the
search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the
most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the
next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late
application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not
able to complete the application online due to a disability or
system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse,
broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women,
minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in
compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its
commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces
diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life
experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual
contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and
maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount
importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global
citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are
committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the
opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment.
Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to
make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a
disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying
because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This job announcement and other material on this site will be made
available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law.
UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who
request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by
Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the
identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the
appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment
screening which includes a criminal background check, work
authorization, and verification of education. It will also require
you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual
violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other
work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates
must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time
of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery
Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and
information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/
, or call
UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.