Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
The Fleet Aircraft Maintenance Department at our Daytona Beach
Campus is currently accepting applications for the position of
The Avionics Technician will perform authorized maintenance,
preventive maintenance, avionics, rebuilding, and alterations and
returns to service university aircraft in accordance with Federal
Aviation Regulations, manufacturers’ requirements and the highest
quality industry standards. Use the methods, techniques and
practices prescribed in the current manufacturer's maintenance
manual or instructions to ensure continued airworthiness of
aircraft, engines, propellers, and appliances in accordance with
applicable Federal Aviation Regulations. This position requires a
thorough knowledge of avionics and avionics troubleshooting.
Primary duties include :
- Accomplish scheduled maintenance and quickly respond to
unscheduled maintenance requirements.
- Support and assist the Shift Manager in the accomplishment of
the overall maintenance effort.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance and avionics repair on all
University aircraft on ERAU flight line to include weekends and
- Develop into a Repair Station Inspector designation OR an FAA
Inspection Authorization (IA).
- Assist in the mentoring and development of Level 1 & 2
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians.
- Report defective shop equipment or equipment requiring
certification to the Shift Manager.
- Complete all necessary entries in appropriate maintenance
forms, work orders, internal inspection forms, malfunction and
defect reports, and aircraft logbooks.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the requirements of the FAA
approved inspection program, FAA regulations pertaining to aircraft
maintenance, airworthiness directives, advisory circular,
manufacturers' service bulletins and engineering orders/drawings,
- Properly document all parts, appliances, and materials used in
maintenance of aircraft.
- Assist Shift Manager in inventory control functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required; associate or bachelor’s
- 3-5 years’ experience as an A&P Maintenance Technician
- Current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required with no
- Ability to obtain a Repair Station Inspectors (I) designation
OR an FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Thorough working knowledge of FAR 145, 91 and 43 and
familiarity with 14 CFR part 43 Appendixes E & F (Pitot /Static
System and Transponders)
- Progressive Aircraft Maintenance experience in maintaining
light general aviation aircraft required.
- Thorough working knowledge of common integrated Navigation
- Thorough working knowledge of all aircraft instrument
Pitot/Static system, communication and transponder test
- Thorough working knowledge of ADS-b traffic systems
- Thorough working knowledge of Garmin GDL-59 Wi-Fi equipment,
Data Logger, and Wi-Fi Data Link equipment
- Thorough working knowledge of and be able to use technical
drawings, schematics and Avionics troubleshooting guides as related
to avionics installations.
- Basic PC Software Skills (e.g. spreadsheet, word processing
& database etc.) Familiarity with Microsoft products to
include; Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Supervisory and people skills desired.