Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for
Institutional Research Analyst (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint
within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure
provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers benefits that include 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days
per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid
holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's
contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is
also available for eligible positions.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Develops and oversees the processes and systems for institutional
research and data management, including data collection,
compilation, analysis, and reporting related to student and program
learning outcomes assessment, program reviews, and operational and
institutional evaluation. Works with appropriate curricular,
co-curricular, administrative, and operational departments to
design, develop, and implement systems and processes to extract and
report data to appropriate leadership and the Office of
Institutional Effectiveness (IE). Serves as the primary contact for
data analysis and reporting within the institution, and completes
federal and state data reporting requirements.
Essential Job Functions
Marginal Job Functions
- Develop, collect, manage, and distribute a wide variety of
qualitative and quantitative institutional data to inform and
support the ongoing planning processes of the University.
- Manage and massage systems to ensure data flow, accuracy, and
accessibility to consumers and users. Lead efforts to turn
institutional data from multiple sources into accurate, actionable
information and perform learning analytics to support
evidence-based decision-making by a variety of stakeholders.
- Establish annual institutional effectiveness and assessment
reports in collaboration with the Executive Director of
Institutional Effectiveness (EDIE). Ensure projects are associated
with mission-centered priorities.
- Compile and/or coordinate the timely collection of appropriate
and accurate institutional data to fulfill state and federal
reporting requirements and to respond to requests from other
external agencies, organizations or individuals (e.g., IPEDS,
SURDS, and other agency requirements).
- Conduct cyclical institutional surveys, as approved and
reviewed by senior and program leadership. Convert output into
meaningful results for evidence-based decision-making.
- Provide support for the IE department's strategic planning,
institutional accreditation, and institutional assessment and
- Collaborate on initiatives such as data integrity and
management with programmatic and departmental data analysts. Serve
on key institutional committees and perform exploration to
interpret and validate results and findings.
- Provides assistance to faculty and staff in identifying
appropriate data collection methods, policies, and procedures to
ensure reliable, appropriate, and legal use of institutional
information and departmental leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects
- Conduct analyses of institutional assessment and evaluation
data to provide evidence of continuous quality improvement and
strategic goal and institutional performance (e.g., internal and
external surveys, focus groups, and/or student learning and
achievement outcomes to evaluate institutional performance on
multiple accreditation and professional standards).
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Gather and report institutional key performance indicator (KPI)
performance data to complete annual balanced scorecard reports.
Ensure timely, accurate, and accessible reports, visualizations,
dashboards, trainings, etc. for program and institutional
- Establish and implement data mapping methodologies to include
collection and reporting cycles and ability to manage and
prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to rapidly understand, adopt, and work with
software programs that collect and analyze data, and ability to
conduct internal and external research to create data sets and
metrics that inform decision-making.
- Demonstrate leadership and team management skills with high
professional standards and integrity.
- Highly developed organizational skills and detail-oriented
combined with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Five years of work experience in a related field in higher
education with an earned Master's degree from a regionally
- Minimum of two years of experience with data reporting and
visualization software; e.g.; Tableau, PowerBI, R, reports.
- Minimum of two years of experience in quantitative and
qualitative statistical data analysis and learning analytics.
- Demonstrated team-based leadership, productivity, and data
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
- Doctoral degree in higher education or related field.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and proficient skills in the
following: Microsoft Office suite (Excel and Word in particular),
New Innovations, CampusLabs, and Jenzabar.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of various
assessment data to support departmental accreditation and program
reviews, including dissemination of results and assisting others
with understanding and appropriately using them.
- Interprets assessment findings and prepares an annual
assessment report to summarize such findings, with particular
emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that
influence institutional decision-making and policy
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.