Network Architect (Reg FT)
Network Architect (Reg FT)
Information Technology Svcs
: Office of College Services
This position will remain
open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an
interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter
and resume by no later than February 25, 2022. The College cannot
guarantee that application materials received after this date will
be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package.
Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Friday; 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Additional hours, including evening and
weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the
Admin 16 - $62,814
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Works on a collaborative team to
design, implement and operate secure, complex and large-scale local
and wide area networks, internet and intranet services and data
communications to ensure availability, reliability, serviceability,
performance and responsiveness that meets the needs of a broad
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of experience or an Associated Degree
and 4 years' experience or a minimum of 6 related years' working
experience in information technology field in lieu of educational
degree. Experience with data centers or server rooms is highly
recommended. Experience in configuring and supporting large
production networks preferred . Working knowledge of Cisco products
and functionality on LAN and metropolitan area networks preferred.
Experience with wireless technologies, carrier services,
voice-over-IP, Infoblox DDI, routing, switching, network cabling
preferred. Understanding of core networking protocols (e.g., TLS,
IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac), infrastructure
monitoring and trending systems, data center facilities management
This position will be required to report to any CCAC location to
provide the necessary support.
Must be able to move, lift,
carry, and push multiple heavy objects each weighing up to 50
pounds within scope of job duties.
1. Install, maintain, and troubleshoot routers, switches,
next-generation firewall (NGFW), Wireless Controllers, wireless
AP's, Application Delivery Controller, network
encryption/decryption, site-to-site and user-to-LAN VPN.
2. Install and support network hardware, micro-code upgrades,
operating systems, applications and internet service.
3. Diagnose and resolve network hardware and software problems
associated with the College's information infrastructure.
4. Provide 3rd-tier support for problem determination and
resolution for networks and attached devices and services.
5. Provide technical expertise related to UPS and data center
systems to management or other engineers for incident or planning
6. Participate in investigation, design and implementation of new
technologies, automation, procedures and standards for the central
management of the College's network, internet services and
7. Provide day to day management and monitoring of network devices
8. Participate as technical lead on various projects and provide
input/direction to the implementation of network projects or
9. Collaborate with campus leadership, stakeholders and end-users
in the planning and implementation of network and wireless
10. Develop test plane, implementation planes, and project
timelines for various projects.
11. Participate in the development, monitoring and response for the
information security program and maintain network security to
protect the College's information resources; assist in maintaining
disaster recovery/ business continuity processes.
12. Provide necessary documentation, training and guidance to
network engineers and technical staff. Assist with documentation
for end users.
13. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as
patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
14. Provide timely, on-call assistance on emergency issues that
arise outside normal working hours.
15. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system
implementation, support and maintenance.
16. Responsible for hardware and systems support of data center and
campus wide data rooms.
17. Manage server room hardware, cabinets, PDUs, server room
layout, cooling, and power design.
18. Track equipment shipments and asset inventory.
19. Configure and monitor alerts from data center systems in order
to ensure system reliability and uptime. Monitoring systems such as
Schneider's Struxureware or standalone power systems are used for
20. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available
Effective November 1, 2021, as a
condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of
Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and
provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved
exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered
a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement
for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests
will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office
of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: