Job Vacancy Announcement
Director of Development
Strategy, Planning and Effectiveness
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
The Director of Development provides leadership and management of
the direction, planning, and execution of fundraising, development,
and advancement services activities for the college. This will
include, but is not limited to, cultivating corporate partnerships,
prospect management and serving as a liaison for multidisciplinary
development efforts. Also provides direct supervision to Office of
Institutional Advancement program managers, support staff and
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field.
- A minimum of two years of full-time or equated experience in
the professional area.
- Progressively responsible for fundraising experience, including
two to three years of major gift ($25,000 and above) fundraising
- Must have supervised personnel for a minimum of two
- Master’s Degree
- Five (5) years of full-time or equated experience in the
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Demonstrated writing abilities (letter, copywriting,
correspondence, proposals, etc.).
- Demonstrated success coordinating, attracting, and closing
major gifts in a college or nonprofit organization, including
face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and
execute a campaign.
- Demonstrated supervision of professional-level staff with
leadership, management, and administrative skills that motivate and
build professional support staff competencies.
- Evidence of strategic, policy, and budget planning experience
in complex organizations.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write and
speak persuasively about the institution.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with alumni/donor database applications.
- Familiarity with planned giving.
- Experience working with institutions of higher education.
- Ability to use technology and electronic media, including the
web and social media, to support fundraising.
- Proven ability to foster collaborative spirit among internal
and external constituents.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on department
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to
offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have one to two years of related experience? See
minimum qualifications for this position.
- * Do you have two years supervisory experience?
- * Please describe in detail the extent of your supervisory
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have (5)five years of full time, progressively
responsible fundraising experience, including three years of major
gift ($25,000 and above) fundraising experience?
- * Please describe your fundraising experience in a nonprofit
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type