Assistant Director of Events and Experience
The Admissions Office
at the University of Montana
invites applications for an Assistant Director of Events and
This position is responsible for the vision,
development, and execution of engaging, innovative admissions
events that harness excitement about the University of Montana
(UM). The Office of Admissions at UM is a fast-paced,
high-performing, goal-oriented environment that seeks to engage
prospective students, their families, and other stakeholders in
events that showcase the exceptional quality UM provides in events
on-campus, off-campus and virtually. The individual assigned to
this position will be a motivated self-starter who can work
independently without close supervision, lead a team in an
effective and professional manner, and work collaborative across
the university. The person occupying this position must supervise
the campus visit program and staff. The individual in this position
will also supervise Admissions student workers (about 20 in total)
to provide recruitment support, execute initiatives and ensure
exceptional customer service, including within the Student
Enrollment Call Center. This position reports to the Director of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate recruitment and admission
events, specifically, plan, coordinate, and implement engaging
virtual and on-campus events that that effectively communicate the
vibrancy of UM.
- Identify opportunities, coordinate and execute group campus
visits that meet the specific needs of the visitors.
- Ensure all events meet or exceed the expectations of
prospective students, their families and campus partners through a
commitment to innovation and execution.
- Serve as project manager for the all logistics of planned
- Comprehensively analyze data from all aspects of events to
determine effectiveness of events and quantify tangible returns on
investment in an effort to drive holistic programmatic
- Collaborate with IT on the creation and continued improvement
of a seamless event registration and reporting process through the
- Ensure a user-friendly visit registration and follow-up
experience for students, families, and groups.
- Collaborate with Marketing on the creation of pre-and
post-event communications, presentations, signage and
- Monitor and report on event budgets.
- Serve as a key member of the Office of Admissions team and
support all areas of the admissions process, as needed
- Co-lead the Advocate program of 40+ student volunteers for
Admissions, the President's office, Marketing and other high
profile UM stakeholders.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to
the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are
particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad
spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in
demonstrating its five priorities for action
: Place student
success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation
in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of
“mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly
tell the UM story.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, MUS Contract and includes a
comprehensive and competitive
benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory
retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Starting salary for this position is $55,000 – $62,000 per year
commensurate with qualifications.
- Demonstrated skills required to read, understand, analyze,
interpret, evaluate and apply federal/state/university rules,
regulations and policies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional computer skills and ability to effectively utilize
commonly used office equipment and software.
- Skills and ability necessary to effectively plan and
effectively execute both large-and small-scale public events.
- Highly developed interpersonal skillset in order to be able to
effectively work with colleagues and frequently interact with the
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service to a highly
diverse population of students and their families.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years relevant experience or an
equivalent combination of training and experience.
About UM and
the Admissions Office
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible and relevant
- Willingness and ability to work nontraditional hours (including
weekends, evenings, and holidays) when needed, as determined based
upon business need.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with
more than 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located
in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000,
surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant
recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national
forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National
Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
The mission of the Admissions Office/New Student Services is to
attract, support and enhance student enrollment at the University
of Montana by providing quality information, services and complete
financial options to make the enrollment process efficient,
accessible and student centered.
To learn more about the University of Montana, please visit the
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position
will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for
persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available
in alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
*References not listed on the application
materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the
Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to
administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential
All New Employees must be eligible
and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of
employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, May 15, 2022
Applications received by this date will be guaranteed
consideration. Application review will begin after date above and
continue until the position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials via "New
Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per
application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required
skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact
Montana, United States