College and Area Information:
Eastern Arizona College’s District Offices are located in
Thatcher, Arizona, a beautiful rural area with easy access to arid
as well as mountainous recreation. The College is located
approximately 125 miles northeast of Tucson and 165 miles southeast
of Phoenix. EAC is a comprehensive community college offering five
associate degrees across nearly 50 programs of study. Eastern
Arizona College is the oldest member of the Arizona Community
College system and is fully accredited by The Higher Learning
Position Summary and Organizational
The Associate Professor of Allied Health reports to the Dean of
Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Allied Health.
- Meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Associate degree in Nursing or closely related health
professional field with at least five (5) years of experience in
the field to be taught
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a closely related health
professional field with at least three (3) years of experience in
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or closely related health
- Teaching experience in Allied Health at the secondary or
post-secondary level or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing computer and multimedia
technology in an instructional setting
- Ability to interact effectively with students from diverse
backgrounds and varying levels of ability
- Willing and able to teach a non-traditional schedule that may
include early morning, late afternoon, evening, weekend, and summer
- Ability to work well within a departmental structure and with
other faculty in the design and implementation of curriculum and
- Embrace continual improvement and committed to continuing
- Effective leadership, administration, and communication
- Financial management skills including budget development and
responsible use of funds
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or a closely related health
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the community
college philosophy and goals
- Ability to promote the Medical Assistant program and actively
- Additional certifications or licenses in health care
- Distance education instructional experience
- Teach a variety of community college Allied Health courses that
may include, but not be limited to, Medical Assistant, Basic
Healthcare, Basic Life Support, CPR, Certified Nursing Assistant,
Medical Terminology, Math for Medications, Phlebotomy, Medical
Dosage Calculations, ECG, PALS, ACLS, Nutrition, Medical Coding and
Billing, and/or Patient Care Technician.
- Place students in Medical Assistant externships.
- Teach a minimum of 32 adjusted load hours per year; up to six
adjusted load hours of overload may be required per semester.
- Maintain a minimum accountability week of 35 hours on campus
for teaching, advising, helping students, class preparation,
consultation with colleagues, and other related activities.
- Update course outlines and pre- and post-tests and develop
curriculum as necessary.
- Serve as a faculty advisor to students.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Teach early morning, late afternoon, evening, weekend,
web-based, ITV, and summer courses as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing each
of the required and preferred qualifications and describing
experience related to the position responsibilities, a vita,
transcripts (if copies are sent, official transcripts must be on
file prior to the date of hire), a signed copy of the EAC
application form, available on EAC’s website (EAC
Application Form), and a minimum of three written confidential
letters of professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be mailed to
the address listed below:
Eastern Arizona College
Human Resources – AP 243
615 N. Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552-0769
The submission of all required application materials for the
screening committee’s review is the responsibility of the
Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own
Open until filled with preferential consideration given to those
whose materials are received by Monday, May 16, 2022.
Compensation and Position Availability:
The initial position compensation range is $44,477 to $71,163
per academic year and current salary schedule plus a cash flex
benefit. The position also includes excellent employee
benefits. The anticipated position start date is August 10,
Human Resources Department
Voice: (928) 428-8915
EASTERN ARIZONA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE
Eastern Arizona College is in compliance with Titles VI and VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education
Amendments of 1972, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national
origin, disability, age, or sex in any of its policies, practices,
or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to,
admissions, employment, financial aid, educational services,
programs and activities.
Eastern Arizona College complies with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Act, 20 U.S. Code § 1092(f) and the Higher Education
Opportunity Act of 2008, by distributing an Annual Security and
Fire Safety Report. The report is intended to inform the campus
community of campus safety information, Clery Act crime statistics,
on-campus housing fire data and statistics, and policies and
procedures relating to sexual violence, emergency response, and
other safety factors. A copy of EAC’s Annual Security and Fire
Safety Report can be found at http://www.eac.edu/About_EAC/Consumer_Information/report.pdf.
Additional copies are available at the Alumni Library (Thatcher
Campus), the Learning Resource Center (Payson Campus), and the
library (Gila Pueblo Campus). A paper copy of the report will be
provided upon request at EAC’s District Office, located at 615 N.
Stadium Avenue, Thatcher, AZ.
A daily crime log listing all criminal and alleged criminal
incidents reported to campus police/security is available on-site,
during normal business hours, at each of the campuses: EAC Police
Department, located at 620 N. College Avenue, Thatcher, AZ
(Thatcher Campus); Gila Pueblo Campus Administration Office,
located at 8274 Six Shooter Canyon Road, Globe, AZ (Gila Pueblo
Campus); and Payson Campus Administration Office, located at 201 N.
Mud Springs Rd., Payson, AZ (Payson Campus).
A fire log containing all reported fires that occurred at any of
EAC's on-campus student housing facilities is available during
normal business hours at the Housing Office, located at 900 N.
College Avenue, Thatcher, AZ.