In this role, you will support the Accounting Department by
performing all duties related to Accounts Payable. You will also be
responsible for reconciliations, assisting with audit preparation,
and administrative tasks. This position works under the supervision
of the Director of Accounting.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Enter approved and coded invoices on a timely basis into
- Print checks for signature
- Research paid and unpaid invoices for properties and
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Print and mail 1099’s and 1096’s on an annual basis
- Prepare intercompany payable/receivable invoices for common
- Good organizational and written communication skills
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word and familiarity with Lawson
and/or Workday, or other large ERP systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a
bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience - Strongly
- At least five to seven years of Accounts Payable (full-cycle)
or general accounting experience required.
- Must have excellent and effective communication skills to work
with all levels of the University - Required.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others and
respond sensitively to clients, staff, and volunteers -
- Familiarity and high comfort level with web-based technology
and proficiency in Microsoft Office software are required.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting procedures,
experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a fast paced,
multi-cultural setting. Strong organizational skills, accurate, and
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
The University has an institution-wide commitment to
diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and
supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an
educational imperative to achieve excellence.