At Unity, sustainability isn't a buzzword. Its the foundation of
our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.
We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our
properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered
to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and
entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to
Arizona to Brazil.
Engage with Unity College and you'll start to ask tough questions,
challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking
the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the
future you want, we can make it happen.
Unity College is seeking enthusiastic individuals to teach
Mathematics and Statistics courses for our online undergraduate and
graduate degree programs. Courses are online and run for five weeks
in eight different terms for undergraduates and eight weeks in five
different terms for graduates.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty that
are interested in teaching mathematics or statistics courses such
as Statistics for Environmental Professionals, College Algebra for
Environmental Professionals, Statistics for Wildlife Professionals,
Calculus, as well as Quantitative Reasoning and Quantitative
- Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20
students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD,
in the discipline or a master's degree
experience in the profession.
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is
- Prior experience with statistical applications to environmental
and wildlife field work as well as well as instructing online
mathematics courses strongly desired.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and
associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our
Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now
button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for