Recruits, trains and provides guidance to members of the Men’s
Basketball team in a manner which promotes the academic, athletic
and social success of athletes and is consistent with the mission
and goals of the University of Bridgeport Athletic
Major Task, Duties and Responsibility:
- Represent the University of Bridgeport and the Athletic
Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity and
- Promote and support the University of Bridgeport and its
- Promote and support the University of Bridgeport Athletic
Department’s program mission and goals.
- Promote Men’s Basketball
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the
- Administer Men’s Basketball program within the policies of
University of Bridgeport, Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference
and the NCAA.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest
preparation, competition and off-season training.
- Adhere to operating, equipment and scholarship budgets as
established by the Athletic Department.
- Delegate responsibilities to assistant coaches, student
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system while
maintaining a high level of visibility.
- Assist in promotion and public relations activities for the
University of Bridgeport Athletic Department.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Schedule contests in accordance with the policies set forth by
the University of Bridgeport Athletic Department.
- Coordinate travel and meal considerations for away
- Select assistant coaches in cooperation with the Director of
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanship behavior.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or the
Director of the Recreation.
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the position. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the
position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the
performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all
policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or
shall hereafter establish.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; advanced degree
- CPR/AED certification;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Coaching at collegiate level for at least 5-10 years;
demonstrated ability and passion to teach basketball.
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and meet
University of Bridgeport’s Driving
- Willingness to fundraise;
- Ability to interact with all levels of the university